Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Laborer to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- In accordance with assignment, the candidate will assist all crafts by performing duties, such as but not limited to, supplying tools, lifting and transferring materials or equipment between WMS facilities by hand, using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
- Housekeeping and/or cleaning work areas/facilities, machines and equipment, will also be required.
- The selected candidate will be required to perform flagman/spotter duties.
- The candidate will also perform pressure washing and ground maintenance to include applying insecticide and herbicides, excavating work (e.g., using hand tools), landscaping, edging, mowing, operating a chain saw, “weed-eating” and trash pick-up/removal.
- During the cold season the candidate will be required to perform snow and ice removal, spread ice melt, etc.
- Additional responsibilities will include receiving, staging, weighing, banding, palletizing and storing containers into designated facilities.
- Operating forklifts, aerial lifts and scissor lifts will also be required.
- The candidate will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as coveralls and respirators and perform work within controlled areas.
- The applicant must be able to understand and work from oral instructions, procedures, and work packages
- The applicant shall be required to have a high school education or the equivalent, a valid Tennessee driver’s license, and experience with operating hand tools, ground maintenance equipment and aerial lifts.
- The applicant must successfully complete the following training at a minimum: Radworker II, Elevated Work, Lockout/Tagout, 24 hour HAZWOPER, basic respirator training, and beryllium worker training.
- The applicant must be able to gain and maintain a DOE security clearance as a condition of employment.
- The applicant must have the physical capability to work in respiratory protective equipment and other protective equipment assigned.
- The applicant must be able to pass a general and HAZWOPER health exam and pre-employment drug screening.
- The applicant must be available for overtime, including weekends.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.