This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Our regional Finance (Asia-Pacific) team have a fixed term contract opportunity available for an Accounts Lead. This role has the potential to accelerate your experience and will provide opportunities to gain invaluable exposure working within a global, fast paced engineering and construction company.
- Leading the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) team
- Provide cover for AP and AR function as required and in times of high volume
- Perform/approve monthly general ledger reconciliations;
- Processing of weekly/ monthly journals, prepayments/accruals;
- Review and approval of payments;
- Intercompany accounting;
- Assistance with project reporting;
- Basic tax calculations / BAS;
- Cashflow forecasting;
- Assist with audit requirements; and
- Other adhoc duties.
Education and Skills
- Degree qualified - tertiary level Accounting or equivalent preferred;
- Proficiency in Excel is a must! Must be at an advanced level and be able to show full use of functionality including detailed tables, creation of formulas and other general financial accounting practices;
- Demonstrate and ability to lead a team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- 1-2years experience in a similar role with experience in using an Accounting Software Package ( SAGE Accpac or similar would be beneficial);
- Well supported by this global engineering and construction organisation;
- Excellent salary package with benefits; and
- Gain valuable experience on major resource projects.