Equality, diversity & inclusion in UK & Europe
We solve some of the most complex engineering problems that Europe faces today – applying innovative thinking, pioneering technologies and outstanding projects to create the best outcome for clients and society, every single time. And this is all made possible by the people that make up Atkins and SNC-Lavalin.
From re-designing Heathrow to transforming offshore wind and nuclear, our community of diverse thought and different perspectives come together to make incredible things happen. It’s a community that shares in the belief that everyone’s voice is valuable and should be treated equally. A community that understands that everyone deserves to feel like they belong – no exceptions.
In the UK & Europe region, we have specific areas of focus that we’re promising to deliver on. They differ from our other regions and have been carefully selected to reflect what we’ve heard matters most to people here. These commitments are to:
- Identify and recruit from the most diverse talent pool (we’re a Disability Confident employer, click here to learn more.)
- Increase our early careers intake to 35% female.
- Launch and embed a STEM Returners programme (click here to learn more.)
- Deliver on our promise as part of the Equality & Human Rights Commission campaign 'Working Forward' - a campaign to support pregnant mums and new parents.
- Develop new and improved ways to sponsor talent from underrepresented groups.
- Identify and raise awareness of role models as part of our ongoing communication programme.
- We have been a corporate member of Inclusive Employers, since June 2018, which is a statement of our commitment to Inclusion and Diversity within the workplace, and are now in our second year of membership.
More than just commercial imperatives, these are our responsibilities as a business committed to leading the change we want to see in the UK & Europe region. We know that it won’t be easy. There’s no two ways about it. But they’re the first steps in our journey to become an even more diverse and inclusive business, and we’re committed to making progress. Why? Because, simply put, it’s the right thing to do. To read more about our success, priorities and aspirations, click here
Our staff networks
This is a place for our employees to discuss LGBT+ issues, regardless of whether they identify themselves as a member of the LGBT community or otherwise.
ENABLE is a friendly vibrant community for sharing ideas, information and news relevant to those affected by disability – visible or not.
ParentNet is a group for everyone with an interest in parenting to ask questions, share stories and support each other. All are welcome to join, whether you’re a parent, parent-to-be, line manager, grandparent, aunt, uncle or Super Nanny!
The Women’s Professional Network (WPN) is a staff network encouraging a gender-balanced, inclusive workplace where all employees can flourish. We endeavour to create a space for attendees to network and share knowledge with colleagues from across the business and other organisations.
Black, Asian & Minority Ethnicities
The BAME forum discusses challenges, ideas and solutions around concerns of race and provides an open and supportive environment for individuals. The network wants to influence change toward more inclusion, and help the business better appreciate the diverse ethnic contexts in which it operates.
A network for advocates of the Armed Forces to collaborate with the Partnering with Armed Forces Programme. Our community includes veterans, reservists, members of armed forces cadet organisations, and spouses. We aim to support these through our current and future initiatives. We also welcome those who are wider family members or supporters and want to get involved.