Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Business work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace and defence engineering whilst our security, intelligence and government teams are trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our ADS&T business based in our Bristol office at Aztec West. The position is varied, working as part of a team providing multidisciplinary support to complex projects in the UK.
- Educated to GCSE level including Maths & English
- Recent administrative experience working in an office environment.
- Ability to work in a busy, professional office providing administrative support across projects
- Self-sufficient, ability to work independent from instruction with a proactive approach
- Accurate record keeper, systems and process driven with excellent attention to detail
- Competent in the use of MS Office. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Reliable, vibrant and keen team player
Key member of the Administrative team working closely with the Bristol Office Manager to deliver efficient support within agreed systems, practices and processes.
- Provide support to the Bristol ADS&T Office administration team.
- Manage office equipment such as printers and desktops.
- Support & maintain IT pool equipment, raise IT Requests for Service.
- Maintain the office desk plan, updating desk allocations and tracking IT assets
- Pool car administration incl. bookings, fuel cards, mileage logs
- Uploading documents and safety checks
- General office duties; delivering mail, ordering stationery and, printing
- Maintaining the tidiness of the office and meeting rooms.
- Back up for other admin tasks. (E.g. travel and parking) to cover absence.
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.