Afternoon Machine Shop Lead
The mandate of CANDU Manufacturing Services is to provide high quality, fast turn-around manufacturing services. The type of work done consists of manufacturing tooling, prototypes, mock-ups, nuclear components, pressure vessels and supports. This position supports this type of work by supplying general knowledge and CNC machining ability.
- Lead machinists and delegates work assignments
- Adhere to and enforce the SNC Lavalin safety program
- Work with department manager on project schedules and budgets when needed
- Maintain Machinist and Trade Qualifications
- Schedule and maintain maintenance/calibration programs for all Machine Shop equipment
- Assign appropriate WPS to support activities
- Prepare step back Sheets
- Maintain Consumable tractability and inventory
- Performs an audit daily of Job Boss board.
- Works with parts made of aluminum, stainless steel and carbon steel from drawings and sketches, accurately to within specified tolerances
- Consistently and efficiently produces quality machined parts from a variety of processes
- Mentor junior staff
- Preforms safety related tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Work with other Leads and Manager to achieve quality on time parts in budget
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years of progressive experience.
- Hands on people management experience
- Trades Certificate is required or min 5 years’ experience leading people in the trades
- Able to pass certification requirements for rigging and operation of overhead cranes and operation of forklift trucks.
- Consistently read and correctly interpret drawings without assistance.
- 5 Years’ experience leading people
- Able to use our programing software which is Edge Cam and completed a CNC programing training course
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.