Application Support Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the transport, infrastructure, energy, aerospace and defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
Purpose of the Role
The application support engineer will assist in the resolution of Windows 10 client based issues with both OS and the application portfolio. As a second line support function the role will include supporting the fist line support function, creating knowledge base articles and supporting users.
As part of the wider Client services team there will also be some project delivery work and software packaging.
- Provide 2nd line on site and telephone support to end users
- Manage application and client device incident and request tickets
- Assist with software delivery process, licensing and end user activations
- Interface with other software delivery teams including licensing
- Communicating to users software availability
- Managing software lifecycle
- Software delivery project delivery
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Application delivery such as SCCM
- Microsoft Office applications
- Office 365
- ITIL support framework
- Proven track record of supporting Windows 10
- Experience in supporting Office 365
- Knowledge of engineering applications, experience in an engineering consultancy
- Experience using active directory
- Good customer service skills, strong business focus and engagement
- Knowledge of enterprise computing
- Experience of IS management systems
- Knowledge of SCCM
- Good teamworker
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.