Application Testing Specialist - FTC role
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the Transport, Infrastructure, Energy, Aerospace and Defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
The delivery of IT is via a function called IT Services(ITS) which is organised as a global operation with significant presence in India. ITS has developed an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting company project bids and delivery.
Purpose of the Role:
This position will be responsible for defining and executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on all applications in the Atkins Software Portfolio, in addition to working with our business users to define and produce functional requirements for new applications. Testing will be carried out for a range of applications from small enhancements to larger strategic initiatives.
With a focus on providing exceptional quality you will act as a trusted specialist to our global business, partnering key stakeholders to deliver the best value in a short timeframe. Working with your colleagues in the application packaging and support teams to assess severity and identify solutions for any bugs or defects, you will own the decision on whether a release meets UAT acceptance criteria while providing resulting defect management and resolution activities.
The role is 12 months FTC for Maternity cover.
- Plan, organize, estimate, document and execute UAT activities
- Partner with global business stakeholders to document requirements, ensuring test cases address business needs accordingly
- Review requirements to confirm testability and ensure understanding of testing needs
- Development, revision, and upkeep of test cases for all applications that are in scope of UAT
- Enable application lifecycle colleagues to execute UAT activities to an equal high standard
- Partner with the remote packaging team to work through issues and defects to resolution
- Provide technical support of application issues as and when required
- Perform User Acceptance Testing extensively and communicate test results
- Work with Software Packaging and Support Manager to deliver continual improvements to business acceptance testing of system releases for high end quality results
- Direct release decisions and establish measures of test coverage and system readiness for go live
- Responsible for production deployments ‘Go-live’ and associate communications
- Provide support to other teams as needed to ensure successful design, testing and implementation of applications that support the various business needs
Essential Technical Requirements
- To be successful in this role we would expect you to have considerable experience with:
- Defining and executing quality assurance or user acceptance test plans
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment to meet defined deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills to drive out test scenarios and scripts in business requirements.
- Knowledge of the formal software development lifecycle and validation methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to manage multiple UAT cases in parallel
- Knowledge and experience with producing reports
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Experience working within ITIL aligned Service Delivery organization
- To have worked in an engineering environment
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with global teams and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.