Asset Management - Principal Engineer / Associate Director
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
At Atkins we offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment.
Our Infrastructure Division is supporting many of the major infrastructure programmes across the UK as well as major international projects. Our focus is to deliver effective outcomes by optimising the performance of both new and existing assets. Our Infrastructure Asset Management Practice is a key component of this, enabling us to ensure customers’ outcomes are realised in the projects we undertake as well as delivering bespoke sector-specific solutions to optimise asset performance. Atkins provides the opportunity to influence some of the most significant infrastructure programmes in the UK as well as develop and implement innovative solutions across the sector.
Our Infrastructure Asset Management practice delivers data-driven solutions as well as providing asset management, regulatory, and technical advice to a range of clients, both in the UK and internationally. We are looking for an enthusiastic, client and solution-oriented individual to lead and develop our asset performance business with our clients. Our services include:
- Asset performance monitoring and benchmarking, including use/development of dashboards and digital tools to drive improved performance;
- Strategic Planning including development of risk-based decision-making tools and methodologies, and prioritisation;
- Tactical Planning. Turning Business Plans into reality and delivering outcomes;
- Assurance and regulatory advice both for UK Water utilities and internationally;
- Strategic Asset Management advice, including gap analysis and improvement plans against ISO55001/ business process engineering, business plan development
The role is to lead Asset Management Projects and provide Asset Management Leadership for some of our significant strategic projects. You will be a key member of our Infrastructure Asset Management Practice which seeks to support our key clients in the Water, Aviation and Cities and Development sectors. We are looking for an energetic individual with proven ability to sell this expertise and then co-ordinate a team to deliver solutions.
Candidates should have a blend of technical, stakeholder engagement, financial, and project management skills to win and deliver projects:
- Proven track record in implementing operational performance improvement initiatives;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and problem-solving abilities;
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external staff;
- Proven ability to translate client needs into working solutions;
- Robust financial and programme management delivery
- Build sustainable relationships with customers, identifying and developing opportunities and managing these through to new work
- Experience of Aviation, Water or Production engineering would be an advantage
- Experience of using Enterprise Asset Management Systems (such as Ellipse, Maximo, SAP) in the utilities sector an advantage
Candidates for this role must be open to UK and potentially international travel and periods away from their home office on a regular basis. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Proven track record in applying digital asset management including advanced analytical techniques to improve business performance and addressing client challenges.
- A confident, professional manner with a “Can Do” approach
- Strong communication skills, able to explain complex matters to clients and internal stakeholders in a clear and relevant way
- Commercially astute
- Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity
- A supportive and encouraging approach to identifying and nurturing talent.
- Ability to work collaboratively within Atkins, with the supply chain and with the Client
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A credible profile within the Asset Management professional community.
- Honours Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Asset Management Qualifications, preferred but not essential
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.