This vacancy has now expired... why not:
WS Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with a proven track record of more than 75 years of relevant experience in the industry. Atkins is a leading provider of consultancy services in the field of master planning, economics and sustainability; architecture environmental management; landscape & urban design; infrastructure planning; and engineering and transportation analysis, offering professional advice, engineering and environmental consultancy and design solutions.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical design services to the built environment, Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
The Landscape & Urban Design practice in Atkins India is currently expanding to contribute to the different sectors including Property, Infrastructure & Transportation all around the world. We are keen to take on board highly motivated and capable landscape architects and urban designers to shape a well-integrated team delivering projects across the globe.
Role & responsibilities
- Take ownership and support, Senior Landscape Architects/Urban Designers on Design and delivery of projects of varying scale
- Support and input into Draft technical reports, of acceptable technical and presentation quality with minimum guidance.
- Work to a program for the project and proactively advise Senior team members of any issue which affects the efficient completion of the project.
- Set out / agree design standards and parameters with senior team members.
- Check the work of team members and ensure the quality of deliverables meet the Atkins standards of delivery and client expectations.
- Willing to undertake and where required lead interdisciplinary technical co-ordination.
- Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
- Assign work to Graduate (Landscape Architects or Urban Designers), BIM technicians and Administrative staff.
- Use business related software independently with ability to guide work of junior team members.
- The individual will be required to travel at times to the different Atkins office and sites globally and interface with the team based there.
- A Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture/Urban Design from universities of International repute is a must.
- Bachelor Degree holders in Landscape Architecture or Architecture will be considered, if they can showcase relevant experience in Landscape Design Project Stages. Including Design, Documentation and site implementation.
- Chartered or candidates on Pathway shall be considered the same being an added advantage
- Must have a 2 years of relevant experience working on Landscape Design/Public Realm projects in the public or the private realm.
- Must be familiar with design, tender and construction processes. International experience of the UK, the ME or the APAC regions will be considered an added advantage.
- Must be competent in design detailing and construction techniques.
- Must be conversant of the evolving standards of the profession primarily with respective to collaborative and multi-disciplinary design.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT, Adobe CS5, MS Office, Sketch up and Google Pro. Advanced experience of BIM related software in Landscape Design/Infrastructure works (Landmark, Infraworks, Navisworks) will be considered an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Capable of working on own initiative or as part of a larger multidisciplinary team.
- Have a logical and organized approach to project delivery and able to follow instructions and guidance by senior team members.
- Be aware of the effect of delivery time on financial performance and proactively manage time, resources and budget on a project.
- Able to identify and communicate concerns of the project/team to immediate Line Manager.
- Able to discuss career goals and aspirations.
- Willingness to share information and knowledge with team members.
- Demonstrate initiative and basic leadership skills to give directions in a small work group.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs