Assistant Category Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins are currently recruiting for an Assistant Category Manager to support the Category Management function within their central finance function. You will be joining a high performing team within an excellent reputation across indirect procurement markets. This role is seen as a key development position for the right individual and the business actively looks to support staff through their CIPS qualifications.
You will support the sustained delivery of optimum supplier performance in line with agreed SLA’s and support the management of all commercial activity in relation to the category portfolio.
You will be required to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with colleagues across the business as well as with suppliers.
- Graduate calibre working towards Professional Stage CIPS qualification or equivalent relevant Professional Business Qualification
- Sufficient and relevant experience of solving problems by delivering solutions in a customer service; supplier related environment
- Proven and relevant experience in indirect categories for a large corporate (>2,000 employees) across: Office Services (such as Stationery; Archiving; Promotional merchandise; Print services; PPE; Couriers); Energy; Recruitment; Learning & Development; Fleet & Travel.
- Reasonable working knowledge of indirect supplier contracts
- Good commercial acumen with a proven track record in delivering performance
- Understanding of “Continuous Improvement Programme” implementation with Strategic Suppliers
- Understanding of Supplier and Customer Relationship Management tools and techniques and their application
- Understanding of risk management strategies and processes
- Good working knowledge of current industry category platforms
- Demonstrable Project Management experience or qualification
- Excellent data manipulation and reporting skills working with databases and various reporting tools
- Support the management of and report on supplier performance, taking corrective actions where necessary
- Support the on-going performance; commercial and risk management of the portfolio suppliers
- Identification of Continuous Improvement opportunities within the supply chain
- Ad hoc Project work as agreed by Line Management
- Line management within the category
- Through detailed analysis of management information, ensure contractual obligations are delivered and sustained with respect to supplier KPI’s, managing corrective action activities as necessary.
- Detailed analysis and verification of savings delivery to the business from Category Management activities.
- Identify risks in the supply chain, report and mitigate via formal risk management process.
- Manage and report on supplier performance and oversee the development of corrective actions
- Development and execution of category strategy and supplier development plans as agreed by Line Management
- Excellent communication skills to enable the development and maintenance of strong, sustainable relationships both internally and externally
- Strong commercial acumen with a proven track record in delivering performance
- IT Skills – effective use of standard office platforms
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
For this position we specifically support progress through CIPS qualifications.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.