Assistant Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
•Undertake a key role within the design team on development infrastructure projects
•Regular liaison with clients to develop good working relationships; understand client needs and help propose best value technical solutions to meet project challenges
•Lead production and checking of aspects of design in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements
•Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions
•People and technical leadership of certain project aspects, delegating to and supervising our more junior engineers and technicians
•Assist in implementing our project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems
•Helping to prepare tenders, working with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins services
•Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
• Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
• Recently chartered or near-chartered status
• Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment ideally with regeneration, development, transportation, water, utility and drainage projects
• Experience in design delivery including multidisciplinary design
• Up to date knowledge of current design codes for development infrastructure.
• Up to date knowledge of design software such as Civils 3D, AutoCAD and MicroDrainage
• Appreciation of statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments; familiarity with utility, planning, highway and other key legislation requirements
• Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen and take instruction
• Ability to manage, motivate and delegate to junior staff within a project delivery environment
• Hands on BIM/Digital competency
• Proactive commitment to health and safety
• Valid driving licence
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.