Assistant Engineer - Electrical
Assistant Engineer - Electrical
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Understanding of international electrical standards, design codes and their applications in Water and Wastewater pumping stations and treatment plants.
- Experience of working on UK and Middle East projects.
- Preparation of Single Line Diagram.
- Preparation of Electrical load Lists & Switchgear/Distribution Board Schedules.
- Calculations - Cable sizing, transformer sizing, breaker sizing, CT sizing, power factor correction, lighting, earthing & lightning system.
- Layouts - Electrical equipment, lighting, cable routing, earthing, lightning protection etc.
- Preparation of Electrical & Instrumentation Installation specification.
- Review of Control schematic drawings of MCCs.
- Preparation of power, control & interconnection cable schedules.
- Preparation of electrical equipment data sheets.
- Control philosophy.
- Instrument schedules, PLC I/O list, Control System Architecture, Instruments data sheet, Instrument loop diagram, hook up diagram.
- Knowledge of Amtech Pro-Design (18th Version)/ETAP or any other equivalent - Cable sizing, Fault Calculations, Discrimination study.
- Furse (Lightening Design Software)
- Dialux or any other equivalent – Lighting Calculations.
- Proficient Knowledge in MS Office tools.
- Software- AutoCAD working knowledge is essential and Revit 3D would be an added advantage.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus typically 2 to 5 years of relevant Water and Wastewater pumping stations and treatment plant experience.
- Developed technical competencies beyond those of a fresh graduate. Take responsibilities for their own work and produce higher quality technical output.
- Receive on the job technical training through performing tasks with some supervision.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project team.
- Offer new ideas to improve solutions and processes.
- Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
- Developing knowledge of the commercial aspects of project management.
- Able to work as reliable and pro-active member of the team.
- Exhibits energy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of any programming language (VBA, Python etc) would be added advantage.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Writing professional reports.
- Identifies and communicates concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Ability to listen, understand and follow instructions.
- Sense of team.
- Willingness to accept individual responsibilities.
- Willingness to share information and knowledge with team members.
- Shows flexibility in work tasks and locations.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs