Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus typically 3 to 5 years of relevant Water and Wastewater pumping stations and treatment plant experience. Developed technical competencies beyond those of a fresh graduate. Take responsibilities for their own work and produce higher quality technical output.
- Understanding of international electrical standards, design codes and their applications in Water and Wastewater pumping stations and treatment plants.
- Experience of working on UK and Middle East projects.
- Preparation of Single Line Diagram.
- Preparation of Electrical load Lists & Switchgear/Distribution Board Schedules.
- Calculations - Cable sizing, transformer sizing, breaker sizing, CT sizing, power factor correction, lighting, earthing & lightning system.
- Layouts - Electrical equipment, lighting, cable routing, earthing, lightning protection etc.
- Preparation of Electrical & Instrumentation Installation specification.
- Review of Control schematic drawings of MCCs.
- Preparation of power, control & interconnection cable schedules.
- Preparation of electrical equipment data sheets.
- Control philosophy.
- Instrument schedules, PLC I/O list, Control System Architecture, Instruments data sheet, Instrument loop diagram, hook up diagram.
- Offer new ideas to improve solutions and processes.
- Receive on the job technical training through performing tasks with some supervision.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project team.
- Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
- Developing knowledge of the commercial aspects of project management.
- Able to work as reliable and pro-active member of the team.
- Exhibits energy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of Amtech ProDesign (18th Version)/ETAP or any other equivalent - Cable sizing, Fault Calculations, Discrimination study.
- Dialux or any other equivalent – Lighting Calculations.
- Proficient Knowledge in MS Office tools.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Writing professional reports.
- Identifies and communicates concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Ability to listen, understand and follow instructions.
- Sense of team.
- Willingness to accept individual responsibilities.
- Willingness to share information and knowledge with team members.
- Shows flexibility in work tasks and locations.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities.