Assistant Landscape Architect - Glasgow / Edinburgh
Assistant Landscape Architect - Glasgow / Edinburgh
Assistant Landscape Architects - Glasgow / Edinburgh
Atkins have exciting opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Assistant Landscape Architect based in either our Glasgow or Edinburgh offices.
Atkins is an award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and project management consultancy. Our practice wide team of 75 landscape architects, urban designers and masterplanners work throughout the UK and internationally, delivering award-winning and inspiring designs that transform people’s lives. We have an established innovative team within Atkins with over 40 years of experience. We are proud of our rich heritage as one of the UK’s largest landscape practices and the future growth opportunities available within the Atkins landscape, urban design architecture and masterplanning practice.
We are a regionally focused and nationally connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. We deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile landscape, public realm and environmentally focused projects for the public and private sectors that include nationally significant infrastructure projects, schools and higher education campuses, healthcare, blue-green solutions, active travel, design guidance and urban regeneration.
- Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or master’s qualification in landscape architecture ideally with a minimum 2 years post-graduate experience and be working towards, or have a desire to become, a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute.
- We are looking for people with a design flair and good written capabilities to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction.
- You will have a proactive can-do attitude and demonstrate an innovative approach, high-quality presentation and communication skills, and confidence in undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports.
- We are looking for good interpersonal skills, fluency in English, and an ability to work in a stimulating multi-disciplinary environment as part of an integrated team with an inquisitive approach to their work.
You will need to demonstrate the capability or have a desire to learn more in the following areas :
- Working within a multidisciplinary environment
- Landscape Design, supporting projects from feasibility through to detail design
- An understanding of the principles of SuDS
- Ability to report write, assist with contract documentation and site supervision;
- Principles of LVIA in accordance with the latest best practice guidance, planning process and EIA (desirable)
- Technical knowledge, high-quality presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with working in a quality assurance environment (desirable)
- Proficiency in Auto CAD and passion to learn
You will have a proven ability and proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite and have knowledge and skills in the use of 3-D software packages, ideally Sketch Up and Enscape, used as a design tool and for presentational outputs. Experience and an understanding of BIM compliant packages including Autodesk Revit and/ or Autodesk Civils 3D will be an advantage. Communication through hand drawing is also invaluable.
In return, we offer the opportunity to develop, learn and work with a diverse team of specialists across different regions on award-winning high-profile projects with a competitive salary and benefits package. There are training opportunities, and career development support that includes technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK’s leading design consultancies.
Applicants must hold a full valid driving licence.
Your rewards and benefits will include:
- 25-day annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays with flexibility to buy/sell annual leave
- Annual LI membership professional fees paid for
- Support with Pathway to Chartership mentors, study leave for exam preparation and fees paid
- 2 paid days a year to be used for volunteer activities
- Cheaper gym memberships and many other money saving opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- Discounted rates on gadget insurance and other services
- Option to purchase additional benefits such as dental, holiday insurance at reduced rates
- Season ticket loans for annual travel expenses
- Employee Assistance Programme – with free access to specialist external advice and counselling
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Cities & development
Senior Landscape Architect - Glasgow / EdinburghAtkins have exciting opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Chartered Senior Landscape Architects based in either our Glasgow or Edinburgh offices.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs