Assistant Project controls manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are currently looking for an experienced, ambitious and proactive individual who is interested in joining the Atkins Global Design Centre (GDC) in the capacity of Assistant Project controls manager. The position will allow the individual in leading a project controls team providing project controls on various major projects related to metro, highways, building design etc., from the Middle East, South East Asia and UK.
The qualified candidate will be implementing project controls processes and procedures, starting from the initial project set-up until the closure for the multidisciplinary projects owned, along with leading the project controls team in both Bangalore and Gurgaon office. The successful candidate will report to Operations Manager Major Projects, Bangalore. He / She will support Project manager or Program manager and work closely with Design or Delivery manager to deliver the multidisciplinary projects to the agreed scope, cost, schedule and to the right quality.
Breakdown of Work & Cost structures:
· Work as Subject Matter Expert ( SME) for all project controls tool and techniques to be applied on multidisciplinary, large and complex projects
· Engage with the technical discipline leads and project managers to understand the project WBS, timescales, resource estimate and cost estimates
· Assist the project manager in creating detailed project estimates. Manages, revises, and maintains status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast
Project progress measurement & reporting:
· Setting-up Primavera program P6 (in web & client) for all projects
· Track and analyse budget spent against progress made. Analysis includes earned value management and contingency analysis
· Assisting in establishing and delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress (delivery, schedule, budget) for the client and key project stakeholders
Project Resource management:
· Develop and maintain internal (GDC) and external (ME & UK) client relationships through effective communication
· Recommend improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls
· Manage project controls team in driving effective project controls required on their projects
· Arranging workshops/meetings to discuss and assist controls team to close their planning / project controls issues
Change Control Process:
· Apply Project controls techniques in proactively handling project risks, issues and changes on a timely basis to avoid any slips on schedules and costs
· Develop & drive career strategy map for development of project controls team and support strategic drives from the business
· Ensuring compliance with BMS, HSE and Quality procedures related to Atkins
· Master's/Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Civil/Mechanical preferred.
At least 7 additional years of experience in project controls with overall industry experience of 10 years in civil/Mechanical domains.
· Project Controls experience on Multi-disciplinary large and complex projects in a similar area (i.e. construction / design)
· Hands on experience in using Primavera P6 project/portfolio management S/W on complex and large projects for at least 4 years.
· Expertise in project finance concepts, Earned Value Management, project summary reports/accounting, P/L accounting
· Proficient in risk, issues, change management Controls
· Proficient in project performance reports customisation example S curves, dashboards
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Proven experience in leading a project controls team or design teams in the past.
Additional requirements which are not essential but will be advantageous:
· Accreditation on PMI-SP Scheduling Professional
· Experience in EA for internal Atkins candidates
· Understanding of contract administration
· Experience in metro/highways/ buildings- complex design/ construction projects