Assistant Project Manager/ Building Surveyor
Assistant Project Manager/ Building Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
“Atkins’ Project Delivery Practice (PDP) combines the best in project management, building surveying and design/asset management to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sectors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and confident Project Manager/Senior Project Manager to be based from our Epsom or London offices. Working from other offices across the region may be required from time to time. Our advanced agile working practices will enable you to work from different locations with ease.
You will have the opportunity to work on new build and refurbishment projects which will enable you to demonstrate your project management abilities developed through past experiences as a building surveyor, architect or engineer. Working with the support of the PDP team you will be responsible for delivering schemes to budget and programme through RIBA Stages 0-7 and be the main point of contact with our clients on these projects.
Our need to recruit comes from the success of our division and the expected growth across a variety of sectors, including Education, Residential and Commercial sectors. In addition we have strong growth across our wider Rail and Aviation sectors.
We deliver programmes of work through established Frameworks. This is a great opportunity for you to work and develop within an internationally renowned consultancy, working on a variety of multidisciplinary projects with values of £500k to £15m+.
- Delivery of project management and contract administration through the project life cycle
- Ensuring that there is a common understanding of brief/programme/constraints across the team
- Leading the project team – building, motivating, maintaining, coaching, guiding and developing the team
- Communicating, liaising and managing the client on a project by project basis.
- Deliver projects within corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures.
- Manage the project within client and Atkins budgets
- Risk manage the project from inception through to completion
- Administer and negotiate change control from inception through to completion
- Manage the procurement and analysis process
- Monitoring and report performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets
- Mentoring and developing of assistant project managers and other team members as required.
- Ideally from a Building Surveying background working in the property sector, MRICS/MCIOB qualified (or suitable equivalent experience/qualification) with design, project management and contract administration experience.
- Experience of working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong client facing and customer service skills
- Ability to lead a delivery team in a positive and confident manner
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation skills with the ability to speak confidently and courteously with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to analyse situations and determine clear decision outcomes with minimal supervision
- Sound business acumen and strong risk/commercial awareness to deliver profits
- Knowledge of current legal requirements in respect of construction and associated legislation.
- Excellent, proven project management skills with a sound knowledge of construction.
- Strong IT skill including MS Office suite and MS Project
- An aptitude towards work winning through strong service delivery
- Winning attitude – can demonstrate experience of succeeding at delivery and the developing of strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Understanding of BIM.
- Demonstrate a proactive and agile working approach
- Current, clean driving licence.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all of our staff.”
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs