Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success in securing projects, we are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, with Residential/Commercial/Education sector experience and
specific experience and a primary focus in the preparation of feasibility studies, detailed cost planning (i.e. RIBA Stages 2/3 estimating) and preparation of bills of quantities to join our team in Cambridge.Our projects range in value from £0.5m to £100m+ with a variety of high profile clients giving our team a diverse and exciting workload.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
• Full clean drivers licence
• Based in Cambridge; willing to travel to within the London and South East Region
• Full-time role
• Specific experience and a primary focus in the preparation of feasibility studies, detailed cost planning (i.e. RIBA Stages 2/3 estimating) and preparation of bills of quantities
• Tried and tested with specific experience and a primary focus in the preparation of feasibility studies, detailed cost planning (i.e. RIBA Stages 2/3 estimating) and preparation of bills of quantities; familiar with RIBA Plan of Work
• Appreciation of general market conditions and detailed costs/rates
• Ability to work to tight deadlines in a flexible and collaborative manner
• Knowledge and experience of using measurement software, e.g. CostX, CATO.
• Competent user of Excel based systems
• Familiar with multiple procurement routes
• Experience in managing traditional and design & build projects (pre and post contract experience)
• Single and two-stage procurement experience
• Client facing experience
• Ability to manage design consultants
• Commercial gravitas
• Residential sector experience
• Knowledge and experience of BIM level 5
• Commercial sector experience
• Education sector experience
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins & F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
London, Epsom, Tunbridge Wells, Cambridge