Assistant Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s largest project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £200 million and an expanding office base in the Asia Pacific region, Continental Europe, the UK and USA.
In London & SE F+G have offices in central London, Epsom, Tunbridge Wells & Cambridge.
The Corporate Real Estate & Occupier market is an exciting growth sector for Faithful+Gould with an increasing number of wins & opportunities being secured with blue chip clients that are looking to evolve their workplaces.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Cost Manager to deliver major commercial office fit out projects in the CRE sector as part of F+G’s QS Property team.
• Full quantity surveying and cost management duties under supervision of Senior QS/Associate & Regional Directors
• Provision of pre-contract feasibility and viability advice
• To ensure the highest quality service delivery to clients
• Feed into F+G’s CRE Business Development forum to develop & participate in the strategy and action plan for growth in this sector. Next Gen involvement is actively encouraged.
• Ideally just Chartered (MRICS or equivalent) or working towards Chartership Grad + experience in CRE sector.
• Preferably have experience in Corporate Real Estate market in UK/EMEA region.
• Ability to advise clients on key cost drivers, project costs, value engineering & benchmarking
• Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
• Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team of Cost Managers
• Experienced in client, consultant & contractor facing roles, secondment positions in CRE client organisations beneficial.
• Used to working to tight and ever-changing deadlines
• Numerically accurate
• Excellent Communication skills
• Outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured Continuous Professional Development Programme. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People.
Should the candidate be working towards Chartership, Faithful+Gould have an exceptional Community in which to achieve this major career goal, including:
- A tried & tested structured training programme to APC
- Study lunch & learn & training programme sessions
- Mock interviews & assessments
- In-house APC supervisor/councillors
- Benefit of F+G APC qualified assessors
This training programme has one of the highest pass rates in the construction Industry.
Reward and Benefits
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.