Associate Director - Civil Engineering
We are looking to appoint an Associate Director to provide team leadership within our Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology practice. A key part of the role will be in developing and mentoring a team of infrastructure staff and to promote technical, delivery and operational excellence. You will work closely with our operational and market directors to help develop and deliver new and current opportunities for services across the full range of our markets, in particular our Cities and Development market. Your work will involve local, national and international projects being delivered by Atkins including the development of Cities, Water, Transportation and Energy Infrastructure.
This key post will be based out of our Birmingham office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience, people and problem-solving skills whilst providing excellent opportunities for career development within a national practice. If you have a passion for engineering and in providing a world class service to our clients and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would love to hear from you.
• Working with our key clients to maintain and develop excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business
• Provide team leadership ensuring the continued development and mentoring of staff
• Provide Technical leadership, promoting and participating in our Technical Excellence Programme
• Provide leadership in health and safety, helping to deliver Atkins key Operating Principle
• Provide Project Director leadership,
• Promote business management systems compliance at all levels
• Raise the profile of Atkins and contribute to the developing innovation in engineering approaches, including digital engineering and advanced technologies.
• Expanding the Atkins business and assisting with the delivery of national business targets and strategy and exploiting operational efficiencies
• Preparing bids, draft and negotiate consultancy contracts
• Coordinating with global resource leaders within Atkins to share work and to work collaboratively across the Atkins Group
• Liaison with clients around technical solutions to technical and delivery challenges
• Chartered Engineer
• Market sector experience across a range of Infrastructure projects – especially Cities & Development market
• A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team
• Understands and has experience in deploying various forms of construction contract, in particular NEC3
• Proven ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and create a well motivated team and ability to find solutions to complex organisational problems
• Knowledge of current industry guidance and codes
• Proven track record of successful Client Management especially in the Cities and Development market
• Enthusiasm to contribute to a national business stream with occasional international work
• Keen interest in operational efficiencies through innovation and digital approaches
• Curious to expand horizons
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.