Associate Process Engineer - Clean Water - South East/Epsom
Associate Process Engineer - Clean Water - South East/Epsom
Associate Process Engineer - Clean Water
Atkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is a world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects. Following an exciting and very successful start to AMP7, the Infrastructure division is currently seeking to appoint an Associate Process Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, focusing on Clean Water. The role is to be based in the south east region, including our Epsom office.
We have an extensive portfolio of UK and International projects, helping our clients address asset creation, process improvement and plant optimisation needs. Our locally focused teams incorporate expert electrical, ICA, process, mechanical and civil engineers who provide a multidisciplinary approach to solving our clients’ problems in creating, managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure.
We are looking to appoint process engineers with a variety of experiences. Some examples include:
- Clean water treatment technologies and principles
- Experience with membrane treatment (U/F, N/F and RO Desalination) technologies
- Nitrate, iron and manganese removal processes.
- Development and implementation of new and emerging technologies and techniques
- Low carbon footprint designs, with a view to improving our clients’ system sustainability
- DSEAR, HAZOP lead, Functional safety
- Digital twins
- Ability to lead bids; Project Management experience would be an advantage
- Educated to degree level with a process engineering bias; chartered Member/Fellow of a recognised professional institution
- Computer-literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum
- Extensive experience within the water and/or wastewater engineering sector
- Ability to provide a customer-focussed service with a clear understanding of the water sector regulatory framework and strategic business planning
- Understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies; an interest in developing and/or exploiting new and emerging technologies and techniques
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard
- A well-developed understanding of the design process
- Proven ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines, locations and stakeholders
- A well-developed external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks
Responsibilities (will vary depending on project and client)
- Technical leadership, strategy formulation and development
- Development of strong networks with clients and regulators within the UK and worldwide, being a focal point and being able to communicate at all levels
- Plant and infrastructure surveys and assessments, using cutting-edge technologies and techniques as appropriate
- Feasibility, outline and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications, supplier tender evaluation,
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions for the water industry and beyond
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects
- Preparing technical papers and presentations for conferences, colleagues and clients
- Support and/or deliver technical and ‘expert witness’ investigations and appraisals
- Ownership of specific skill areas or activities within our technical knowledge networks; contributing to technical network activities, to broaden your and our skills, experience and technical reputation
- Supporting, mentoring and guiding less experienced colleagues
- Working with and developing design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics, hydraulic calculations and other automated design tools
- Develop and undertake research and development projects for Clients, managing external sampling and analysis where required
Why work with us?
We provide industry-leading engineering services right through the project lifecycle. Our technical networks offer fantastic opportunities for you to grow your experience, expertise and reputation amongst your peers and beyond. Our broad range of projects, and wide pool of expert people will help you and your career grow to suit your aspirations and desires. We will help you to develop professionally and personally through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Your development plan will be regularly reviewed through an on-going career development process. We actively support staff who seek to achieve membership or fellowship of relevant professional institutions.
Rewards, benefits and career development
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the role and your skills and experience. Please refer to our website for further details. Our teams work core hours although specific working hours can in the right circumstances be adjusted to suit the needs of the individual. Working locations, whilst needing to match the requirements of our work and our clients, can also be flexible if the need arises. If flexible working is essential or a preference for you, please let us know so we can discuss what possibilities may exist.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Senior/Principal Process Engineer - Clean Water and/or WastewaterAtkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is a world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have the breadth and depth
Process Engineer - Clean Water and/or WastewaterAtkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is a world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs