Atkins Higher/Degree Apprenticeship - Project Management & Business Consultancy - South East/South West
Our award-winning Project Management and Business Consultants work alongside our clients to improve the management and delivery of their programmes and projects through a variety of innovative solutions to ensure real business benefits are realised. Our Consultants lead multidisciplinary teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions to our clients’ biggest problems.
We work across a broad variety of clients and industries including: Ministry of Defence, Department for Education, Home Office, Heathrow Airport, HS2 and EDF Energy. Our consultants work on ground breaking projects, taking on hands-on roles, providing independent advice, support and guidance to deliver real world change and benefit. Driven to ask ‘why’, we challenge the way things have been done to develop a variety of innovative and/or digital solutions and ensure our clients keep up with the pace of global change.
Do you want to get paid for gaining a higher or degree apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Apprentice Consultant Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADST)
Location: London Office (Victoria) or Bristol Office (The Hub)
Requirements: Level 4 - 5 GCSEs including a C/5 in Mathematics & English Language and 48 UCAS points (not including General Studies) (Full details)
Level 6 – Same as level 4 plus 3 A Levels with minimum grades BBC / 112 UCAS points (not including General Studies)
Details of the apprenticeship standard can be found here for level 4 and here for level 6. Your Learning Provider is currently outlined as QA but please note this could be subject to change depending on availability.
Throughout your time as an Apprentice Consultant you will develop core project management and consultancy skills through a mixture of on-the-job training, focused upskilling sessions and classroom based learning at college.
You will be joining our highly regarded Apprentice Consultant Development Programme (ACDP) where you will study for an industry-recognised qualification in Project Management whilst supporting the successful delivery of internal and client facing projects. Working on a broad range of projects and with a diverse client base, you will benefit from the opportunity to consolidate your formal learning in a real world setting, whilst making a valuable contribution. Our existing apprentices have worked at Heathrow, in the Defence sector and in Government departments along with leading internal initiatives within Atkins.
As an Apprentice Consultant, you will gain experience in each of our practices and gain knowledge in several key areas:
• Business and Digital Consulting (BDC): BDC consultants work alongside clients to tackle complex business challenges. They form a variety of sub-teams specialising in areas across strategy, cyber security, business and data analysis, Digital Advisory and change and engagement. In all of these, BDC consultants identify solutions and implement changes to improve and transform client organisations.
• Project, Programme and Portfolio Management (P3M): Our P3M consultants work alongside and with our clients to provide project management expertise to help maximise the potential for success of projects at any level. This includes core delivery of project management services which entails day to day management of the project. Furthermore, we work with our clients to provide project management office (PMO) services which enable better decision making and opportunities for reporting.
• Project management methodologies including Agile
• Project delivery including planning, risk and quality
• Business cases, budgets and cost control
• Core consultancy
• Business analysis
• Winning work, bidding and proposals
Studying project management and business consulting modules at a local college will enable you to earn money as you learn, and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to establish yourself as a professional consultant.
Our tailored apprentice programme will offer the support and guidance you need to thrive, combined with the freedom to influence your career path. Whether you are a school leaver, or you have already started your career elsewhere, we will empower, trust and challenge you from day one; enabling you to build your own relationships with key clients, solve complex issues to transform organisations and take on responsibilities that capitalise your unique qualities.
What are we looking for?
• The ability to work in a team
• Creativity and strong communication skills
• Enthusiastic, inclusive, committed, you should be curious about the world around you and have the drive to keep on learning
• To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
• To use your own initiative
• To work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experience
• Be UK mobile, whilst operating from a home office in either London or Bristol
What are the benefits and rewards?
For a full list of our benefits and to understand more about our apprentice community, please click here. Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to one of our current apprentices about our culture click here.
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For more information about our D&I initiatives, please click here.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
Our deadline for applications is 31 January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.