Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Toronto and reports to the Manager – Automation. We are looking for talented and motivated thinkers who want to play a central role in the design, development, and deployment of leading edge advanced industrial control and data management systems.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Utilize programming skills to deliver solutions in SCADA, MES, PLC, DCS and Industry 4.0.
- Aid in technical documentation such as facility conceptual design documents, User Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Specification and Detailed Design documents
- Contribute to automation design reports covering Industry 4.0 systems, OT networks, control networks, and control software and systems architectures
- Perform I&C work such as control logic diagrams, instrument selection, instrument lists, IO list, network diagrams, control narratives, cause and effect, instrument specifications, cable schedules, vendor and contractor scope of works, control panel design, contract drawings, tender specifications
- Prepare Cable block diagrams and cable layouts, hookup diagrams, termination drawings, loop drawings, instrument and junction box layouts
- Execute control panel and equipment FAT and SAT, participate in commissioning and start-up activities
- Develop user and operating manuals for control systems
- Provide training on the developed control systems and procedures for operations and maintenance
- Programs PLC, DCS, HMI SCADA systems such as DeltaV, Rockwell, Siemens, Wonderware, and iFix
- Works with industrial communication protocols such as Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Modbus, etc.
- Is able to communicate data collection from systems such as sensors, controllers, and industrial systems
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 3 years of experience in industrial automation
- Must have University degree in electrical, industrial, or computer engineering
- Experience with programming PLC, HMI SCADA systems such as DeltaV, Rockwell, Siemens, Wonderware and iFix.
- Experience with industrial communication protocols such as Ethernip/IP, Profibus, Modbus, etc.
- Experienced with communicating and data collection from systems such as sensors, controllers, and industrial systems.
- Installation and Commissioning Experience
- Experienced with Data Base programming.
- Experience with Autocad is an asset
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) a strong asset
- Python/Java/SQL experience a strong asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com