Azure Data Engineer
Azure Data Engineer
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Analytics and Artificial Intelligence team create state of art machine learning models to help business deliver high value, smart and market differentiating engineering products and services. The focus of our team is innovative algorithms and models that make intelligent, automated, decisions in real time to make engineering process better, faster, and accurate. To achieve that we collaborate with the engineering, sales, commercial and technology teams.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for implementing robust data pipeline using Microsoft Stack.
- Responsible for creating reusable and scalable data pipelines.
- Responsible for development and deployment of new data platforms.
- Responsible for using Azure BI services for development of Big Data Platforms.
- Responsible for creating reusable components for rapid development of data platform.
- Responsible for deploying AI algorithms into the data platform.
- Work closely with the Product Owners and Architects to develop Azure Data Platforms including Machine Learning.
- Work with the leadership to set the standards for software engineering practices within the machine learning engineering team and support across other disciplines.
- Play an active role in team meetings and workshops with clients.
- Choose and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages, and frameworks for each task.
- Produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production.
- Refactor code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools.
- Help us to shape the next generation of our products.
What will you contribute?
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Warehousing with Big Data or Cloud.
- Graduate degree educated in computer science or a relevant subject.
- Good software engineering principals.
- Strong SQL Server 2012 and above with MSBI (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Good understanding of OLAP data models’ design.
- Experience in working on Azure Services like Azure Data Factory.
- Knowledge of Power shell.
- Experience of working in Agile delivery.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Azure services like HD Insight, Azure DataBricks etc.
- Working knowledge of the pros, cons, and usages of various ML/DL applications (such as Keras, Tensorflow, Python scikit learn and R).
- Contribution to industry/open source communities.
- Knowledge and practical experience of cloud based platforms and their ML/DL offerings (such as Google GCP, AWS, and Azure) would be advantageous.
- Understanding of infrastructure (including hosting, container based deployments and storage architectures) would be advantageous.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs