BIM Programme Manager
As part of our growing commitment to the digitisation of the built environment, innovation in digital engineering and design, the rising importance of information management and the creation and utilisation of digital twins, Atkins are looking to recruit a BIM Programme Manager to lead our information management and digital engineering strategy on some of our largest infrastructure programmes.
As one of the largest infrastructure consultancies worldwide, we work with our clients to deliver transformative projects. We are looking for exceptional individuals who demonstrate delivery excellence, innovation, a deep understanding of digital technology (BIM, automation, programming) and collaborative behaviours to help lead our most important programmes’ approaches to delivery of information management. You will champion design integration, use of collaborative tools for design management and collaboration (e.g. Microsoft O365, Teams, BIM360, 3DRepo, Navisworks) and embed modern ways of working, being an evangelist for delivering great data as well as great design.
With a proven track record in the construction sector, we are looking for diverse individuals who understand the changing environment of the construction sector (increased modern methods of construction and off-site construction, digital design, project 13 collaborative working models) and are excited to help drive forward excellence from our teams.
- Assuring the delivery of high quality digital design and information in alignment with client and all relevant industry standards, championing assurance processes, modernising information creation, and working with our team.
- An ability to rapidly align to client need, delivery capability and design requirement to develop a BIM and Digital Strategy for our programme that is tangible, deliverable, and will deliver value to our client and project team.
- Programme level management of multiple work package teams to ensure the successful delivery of high quality data to our clients. These programmes could be up to 200+ individuals at peak delivery.
- Setting the technology stack strategy, then ensuring it is implemented and used across our teams. Designing the necessary workflows and processes to ensure adoption of technology by our designers. This might include traditional ‘BIM’ technologies, utilisation of GIS data environments, or adoption of collaboration tools (e.g. Trello, Jira, Microsoft Teams)
- Working collaboratively with project management, delivery leads, and package level BIM and digital leads to identify opportunities for innovation in delivery.
- Project set up support – BEP development and implementation including establishing project related processes, protocols and CDE arrangements.
- Liaising with Project BIM Coordinators (those responsible for BIM and information management and coordination within project delivery)
- Implementation of an appropriate strategy to enable design coordination and collaboration, providing. Audit and sign off on the results of these meetings.
Training & Culture:
- Training – lead the strategy for upskilling staff on the programme for BIM and Digital Engineering processes, policies, and technology (general and project specific training)
- Maintain high level of competency of BIM and Digital Engineering related issues through self-training
- Stay abreast of the cutting-edge, and make sure we are always delivering to our fullest.
Liaison with wider Atkins SNC Lavalin team:
- Working closely with our Global Design Centre to take advantage of their deep expertise in digital technology and BIM, and champion their utilisation on projects
- Strategic coordination across the broader business to ensure successful discipline integration. This will include reach-back to our technical experts in BIM, GIS, digital engineering, automation, machine learning and design
- Manage BIM related skills gaps and identify requirements for improvement and opportunities for growth, working with the Practices to identify ‘needs’ and bring in skills to support successful delivery of the programme.
- Build and maintain networks with digital engineering leads across the wider business
- Stay informed of digital tools developments within the wider business and identify opportunities for transfer of tools, knowledge, and skills
- Intensely collaborative, understanding that Atkins, our supply chain, our partners in delivery, and our clients are one team – you are the voice and champion of that whenever you represent our business.
- Commercial awareness, ability to tailor strategy and technical requirements to company demands
- Confident leading and working as part of a team with good interpersonal skills
- Delivery focused
- Willing to lead in change management processes
- Driven to pursue continued education in BIM and connect with wider internal and external industry community.
- Experience in a leadership role in the construction industry, championing BIM, information management, digital engineering and design
- In-depth knowledge of UK BIM Level 2 requirements and beyond
- In-depth knowledge of Autodesk products specifically Revit and Navisworks
- In-depth knowledge of Bentley products (ideally Synchro, AECOSIM and Microstation)
- In-depth experience of utilising Common Data Environments to support project delivery
- Good knowledge of Information Management processes and standards
- Good knowledge of Asset Management standards
- Leadership experience, ideally in a project or programme management role.
- Good knowledge of digital tools (e.g. software) within the architectural/ construction industry
- Ideally an understanding of the whole-life construction lifecycle from design to construction and manufacture, including an understanding of its relevance in light of the changing industry environment
- Experience of utilising automation process to improve efficiency (e.g. use of Dynamo.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles