Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Bridge Construction Superintendent. The incumbent will be responsible for the supervision of the construction of bridges, supervise crews and subcontractors and coordinate the work with the other trades on the project. The Bridge Construction Superintendent will report to the General Superintendent and work with the Bridge Field Engineers to ensure that the work complies with the safety policies, budget and schedule.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop construction work methods for the implementation of the caissons, columns, girders, deck and other ancillary elements for new bridge construction
- Supervise the rehabilitation and upgrade of existing bridge structures
- Direct all field personnel and subcontractors to achieve completion of project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications
- Review and understand project drawings and identify potential changes required
- Promote and enforce safety and environmental SNC-Lavalin policies and procedures
- Supervise and mentor construction crews
- Coordinate material deliveries
- Order and maintain in good order all tools
- Communicate with clients, subcontractors, architects, stakeholders, engineers and project delivery team
- Plan equipment rental or purchase
- Coordinate survey crews and technical team with the construction schedule
- Prepare 3-week schedule and integrate with the overall project schedule with the project team
- Coordinate the sequence of work with the other trades on the project like retaining civil construction and systems installation
- Keep logs of site activity and report issues in a timely manner to the Construction Manager
- Ensure that the quality standards are met and generate NCRs and deficiency lists as required
- Maintain proper site tidiness, access, fencing and signage
What will you contribute?
- 10 years in a supervisory role on bridge construction projects
- Experience on multidisciplinary projects is an asset
- Demonstrate knowledge in standard bridge erection methodologies
- Effectiveness in Microsoft Office and other applications used on the project
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com