Building Services Team Leader - Secondment to Global Design Centre (Bangalore, India)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Building Services team, part of the Infrastructure divisions’ Building Design practice, have a great opportunity for someone to take up a secondment in our Global Design Centre (GDC) in Bangalore, India, for an initial circa 12-month period.
This Team Leader role will form an integral part of the UK Building Services practice and have the primary objective of further developing a strong technical delivery team for Building Services within the Global Design Centre.
Aim - Introduction/Role Purpose:
- Support the building and growth of a team of engineers and BIM technicians to support the UK Regional Building Services Team
- Become fully productive on UK Regional projects
- Provide integral engineering support to UK Team
- Identify innovative practices to drive better, predictable and consistent delivery (understand UK specific working practices)
- Support diversification of work done by GDC for UK
- Empower the GDC team to be more autonomous in decision making
- Create a foundation of best practices for technical delivery
- Enforce the technical self-auditing process
Tasks – Role responsibilities:
- Assemble teams/resource to service UK Regional projects
- Act as a single point of contact to resolve GDC project issues
- Provide agile support to UK requests for work on project tasks
- Challenge UK team to allocate more work to GDC My Team
- Inspire technical best practices are being employed within the GDC
- Ensure the Audit processes are taking place
- Attend weekly resource call
- Possess broad technical knowledge and skill in engineering matters – (see Appendix A for specific requirements)
- Open and clear communication skills, unafraid to deliver bad news or request support
- Identify areas for development and engage support from local GDC management team
- Ability to influence and engage staff at all levels to ensure delivery to project targets.
- Commitment to implement rigorous technical assurance
- CIBSE MEng and Chartered Engineer Status preferred
APPENDIX A – Specific Requirements
Required Technical capabilities – (specific skills):
- Significant experience of designing both new-build and UK specific refurbishment projects
- Good analytical capabilities
- Capable of being primary liaison with UK.
- Understanding of BSRIA BG6 documentation
- Capable of liaising with other disciplines and leading coordination of Building Services design with wider project requirements.
- Capable of checking quality of junior engineers’ work to ensure it is technically sound.
- Capable of implementing a sound technical delivery group within the GDC, focussing on sound design, autonomous decision making and timeous delivery
- IES, Revit, Building Regulations, CIBSE Codes, Relevant International Standards and Common industry analysis and design software
- Understanding of typical UK building details
- Understanding of RIBA work stages and appropriate level of delivery for each of these.
- Understanding of rail sector GRIP work stages and processes.
- Understanding of UK building services portfolio and engagement with UK building services technical network
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation), or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles