An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to join the Faithful+Gould Glasgow or Edinburgh office. Faithful+Gould is a long established, international company with a great reputation for delivering a variety of consultancy services to a diverse client range. We place great emphasis on staff training and development which allows us to provide an unrivalled level of service.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Graduate or Chartered Building Surveyor for our Glasgow or Edinburgh office (location is flexible). We are seeking an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to our clients. The post-holder will work closely with other members of the local team and report into the Associate Director.
- A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable
- Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
- A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
- Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
- Aware - you have an understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
- Ambassador for Faithful+Gould - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors providing a range of building surveying duties.
- Supporting the commission lead on various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as SBCC and NEC.
- Assisting preparation and submitting applications for Planning and Building Control consents
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes.
- Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
- Due Diligence surveys
- Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and recording schedules of condition
- Planned Maintenance Surveys
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects
- Measured surveys including the preparation of drawings in AutoCAD
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities
- We are looking for a motivated and sharp minded Building Surveyor who has:
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
- Working towards becoming chartered.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
- Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
- Meticulous nature and an eye for detail
- Desire to develop career within a Consultancy environment
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
- Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project as minimum
- Good AutoCAD skills
- Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of managing clients and their expectations
- Drone operating experience preferable
- Excellent communication skills and client facing experience
- Professional manner
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware
- Builder of strong working relationships
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Good report and letter writing skills
- Innovative and proactive.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs