Building Technician II
Why join us?
This position is based out of one of our high security building maintenance projects in Kitchener and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. We are looking for a highly motivated, customer service focused Building Technician II to be responsible for the effective operation of the environmental, mechanical, and electrical systems including, but not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, electrical lighting and distribution, security/access control systems, and water treatment.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Perform the scheduled preventative and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems, and life safety equipment
- Furniture setups, minor drywall repair, painting
- Perform minor repairs to flooring, millwork, and furniture
- Assist with all other facilities related duties as assigned to ensure business functionality
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants
- Monitor the environmental and protection systems for buildings
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures, and practices
What will you contribute?
- A certificate in HVAC, plumbing, electrical trades, or a recognized Building Systems Technician program is preferred and at least 2 years of job-related experience
- Security camera/access control systems experience considered an asset
- Working knowledge of environmental, mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems for office and warehouse facilities, including BAS systems
- Ability to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Must be willing and able to work after hours and weekends as required and to be available for on-call rotation to respond to after-hours service requests
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Must be able to obtain high security clearance
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com