Business Analyst / Business Process Consultant
Our Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of a 1000-person plus UK Consultancy Practice within the Atkins Transportation Division. We are responsible for working with our strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Local Road, Highways and Rail sectors in the UK and Europe. Our clients include Highways England, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL, Train Operators and ROSCOEs. We offer a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, while still building and utilising the expertise of our wider business through colleagues across the Atkins SNC-Lavalin organisation.
The Business Analyst role is critical within our Bid & Live Projects teams to provide methodical investigation, analysis of client needs, and requirements capture, the creation of solution options through to benefits capture, tracking and realisation. This role must be able to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholder groups at all levels to understand business goals, strategy, tactical client objectives, existing business functions and core processes, the clients’ use of data & information and classifying how they derive value from their operations.
- Degree level candidate or equivalent significant job experience in role
- Engaging with multiple client teams and documenting their current operation through business process maps
- Identifying and prioritising client challenges and barriers to change
- Capturing clients’ requirements, creation of delivery plans, solution options, supporting project delivery through to benefits analysis, tracking and realisation.
- Working in complex multi-disciplined service-based environments, e.g. Technology, Engineering, Infrastructure, Safety Critical
- Listening to and translating client needs to support shared understanding
- Minimum of 2 years in a client-facing role (5 years desirable)
- Experience in Public Sector, service-based environments.
- Experience in Transportation Infrastructure domains to support Asset Management (e.g. Highways, Rail, Local Transport)
- Have experience of working with solution architects and comprehend the business approaches taken to between them and business analysts
- Experience of working with Service Management Frameworks
- Supporting industry qualifications, e.g. ITIL, Change Management
- Project Management skills (PRINCE-II, APMP, Agile)
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting Project Management and Engagement leads with;
- Bid and Proposal work, including early engagement with clients
- Engaging with the client to understand and document their current operations, challenges and barriers to change
- Analysing & prioritising client requirements into specifications, solution options and delivery plans
- Collaborating with technical leads/subject matter experts by either leading or supporting delivery of projects
- Developing opportunities with existing and new clients through engagement at meetings/workshops/conferences
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
In our experience, diverse teams provide the best mix of skills and experience needed to deliver what our customers want, so we’re committed to equal opportunities for everyone’s benefit.
Our Latest Articles