This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is a leader in infrastructure asset management. We have ambitious growth plans in this area to complement our consultancy-based services with an expansion of digitally driven solutions and managed services as part of our end-to-end asset management service philosophy. We are backing this with investment to rapidly grow our staff capability and capacity, and to develop new products and services. Our services span into other sectors in the UK and globally across SNC-Lavalin, leveraging existing strategic partnerships with leading asset management system providers.
Our Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of the 600-person strong UK Consultancy Practice within the Atkins Transportation Division and is responsible for working with our strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Highways and Rail sectors in the UK and Europe. Our clients include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL and TfGM. We provide a digitally enabled offering, through a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, building on the expertise which other parts of the SNC-Lavalin business offers.
The role of the Business Analyst / Process Consultant is to support bid and live project teams to develop and implement appropriate methodologies for projects. The role holder must be able to communicate well with clients and accurately understand their requirements, as well as being able to work effectively with project teams to deliver collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree level or equivalent job experience in role
- Requirements elicitation, analysis, prioritisation, and communication across multiple client stakeholders
- Identifying and creating appropriate user personas to provide holistic understanding of client needs
- Translating client needs to solution delivery focussed teams to ensure shared understanding and solution development
- Business process modelling and re-engineering to deliver improvements and efficiencies
- Applying a variety of root cause analysis methods to understand the true cause of inefficiencies and problems
- Creating delivery plans, developing solution options, and supporting project delivery through to benefits analysis, tracking, and realisation
- Identifying and prioritising client challenges and barriers to change
- Working in a complex, multi-disciplined, service-based environment
- Communicate with and influence stakeholders at various levels
- Articulate complex solutions in an accessible manner and apply critical, analytical, and conceptual thinking to problem solving
- Extract, combine, process, analyse, and interpret information and data from multiple sources
- Interpret analysis outputs for consumption by a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrate improvement recommendations using evidential methods with anticipated associated benefits
- Work in a team, or work as an individual as appropriate
- Be flexible and take on a wide range of duties
- The highways and rail sectors
- Working in the asset management sector
- Working with solution architects and have a comprehension of their approaches to solution development
- Stakeholder assessment and management
- LEAN, Six Sigma or other business improvement methodologies
- Using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) to create process flow diagrams (or similar process mapping standards)
- Change management techniques
- Project management using Agile (or similar approaches)
- Succinctly articulate methodologies and approaches for bids and proposals
- Create and evolve project plans
- Baseline business performance and follow through to benefits realisation
- Write engaging project summary reports for clients to enable change implementation
- Co-ordinate and validate user acceptance testing
We encourage applicants to demonstrate they are committed to continuous professional development and are engaged with the wider professional community in their discipline. This could be through membership or qualifications with professional bodies e.g. the International Institute of Business Analysis, Institute for Six Sigma Professionals, or Association for Project Management
The Business Analyst / Process Consultant is responsible for:
- Supporting bid and proposal work, including early engagement with clients
- Leading and supporting engagement with clients to understand and document their current needs and requirements
- Providing detailed requirements analysis, process documentation, solution optioneering, and delivery planning
- Collaborating with technical leads / subject matter experts and lead or support the delivery of projects to meet agreed quality, time, and budget requirements
- Developing opportunities with existing and new clients through engagement at meetings / workshops / conferences
You will have great client engagement skills and analytical skills with demonstrable experience of working with client teams to understand their requirements and shape the solution options to address the key challenges. This means you will have excellent communications skills with the ability to understand business needs and ascertain the real root of the problems to fully understand the issues and the environment in which they work.
You will have the ability to innovate with a passion for keeping abreast of the latest process and analysis developments, along with a strong conceptual understanding of emerging digital solutions to support the shaping of delivery within technical and business environment constraints.
Exceptional planning, organisational, and time management skills are a must, along with the ability to manage competing resources and priorities to come to a consensus of requirements and deliverables.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Our working environment and offices reflect our modern approach to asset management. We currently have team members based across the UK, with a combination of people either home-based or office-based in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
You’ll benefit from our promotion-from-within policy and enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
In our experience, diverse teams provide the best mix of skills and experience needed to deliver what our customers want, so we’re committed to equal opportunities for everyone’s benefit.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planner
Senior Telecoms Design Engineer – Team Leader– Railway Communications and Information Systems (C&IS)The UK & Europe Transportation Division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our key market
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs