Reporting to the Manager, Major Projects Cost Estimating, the Business Analyst is responsible for leading the collection, analysis and reporting of consolidated resource forecasts for Candu Energy Inc. The Business Analyst will be the central point of contact for the People Forecasting & Levelling (PFL) initiative and will regularly interface with staff from Project Controls, Project Managers, Resource Managers, Marketing and Business Development staff, and Engineering Tools in the delivery of regular resource forecasts, analysis, and presentations to senior management. Resource forecasts for Candu are centralized in an in-house developed system, the PFL Application, which is the tool being used to facilitate regular forecasting reports and resource supply versus demand analysis.
General duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the PFL initiative by providing oversight and guidance on monthly resource demand forecasting using the Candu in-house PFL Application
- Oversee and monitor monthly data collection for the Nuclear Business Unit’s consolidated Committed and Anticipated resource forecasts for the Nuclear Business Unit
- Review monthly reports of consolidated resource demand and supply data for the Nuclear Business Unit generated by the PFL Application, prepare custom reports, and conduct detailed analysis of results
- Prepare monthly presentations and reports summarizing Nuclear resource forecasts and analysis results for senior management and file all reports on a central Sharepoint Site
- Interface with multiple internal groups including Project Controls, Engineering Tools, Functional Managers, Profit & Loss General Managers, Project Managers and Marketing and Business Development staff throughout the PFL data collection, analysis, and reporting activities
- Take a lead role in coordinating and chairing monthly Resource Review Meetings with P&L General Managers, Project Managers and Functional Management teams and prepare all supporting reports and data analysis
- Take a lead role in the preparation and presentation of PFL information in any union/management committees or meetings
- Perform regular administration and maintenance of data fields in the PFL Application to ensure alignment with company databases and systems
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Knowledge of MS Access would be an asset
- Basic knowledge of software application development would be an asset
- University graduate in Engineering, Finance, Commerce, Economics or Computer Systems related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a high technology industry
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs