Business Co-ordinator - Practice Support
Business Co-ordinator - Practice Support
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From designing end-to-end project solutions to pioneering new technologies and ways of working, everything we do supports our goal of delivering outstanding project outcomes for our clients – no matter the scale, complexity or location of their project.
We are looking for an experienced Business Co-ordinator to join our Transformation Delivery & Consulting Practice based in our Aldershot/London or Bristol office. The business is a technical consultancy providing advice and engineering expertise to public, regulated, and private sector clients.
Initially ‘working from home’ during the current restrictions; we would then review once these are lifted and offer a degree of flexibility to work from one of our offices in either Aldershot, London, or Bristol.
Purpose of the role:
Provide proactive, efficient administration and strategic support to Practice Managers, with particular focus on financial, human resources, event management and coordination aspects relating to the Practice. Analyse and report on data, working with Discipline Leads and PHOD’s and supporting them to deliver the business plan to grow the Practice.
Essential Criteria –
- Experience of providing a high quality and efficient business support service.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Discretion, diplomacy in an efficient manner, offering solutions, ideas and making judgements as and when required.
- Professional outlook, self-sufficient, ability to work independently from instruction with a proactive approach.
- Effective Communication, across a variety of cultures, people, and areas.
- Organised, detail oriented and a master of time management.
- Team player with ability to work autonomously.
- Able to keep calm under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities and tasks.
- Knowledge and competency of MS Teams including the ability to create Teams sites, upload documents and manage content.
- Experienced Excel user / intermediate level or higher.
- Proven data analytic capabilities including:
- Statistical knowledge.
- Creating data visualisation.
- Creating dashboards and/or Reports.
A key member of the ADS&T business support function, working closely with Practice Managers to aid a variety of operational functions within the Practice, which includes co-ordination of meetings, Practice reviews/workshops and recruitment activities.
Practice Administration –
- Assisting and supporting the senior management team, line managers and discipline leads in scheduling internal and external meetings, reviews and workshops.
- Creating appealing communications - Team briefs, internal team Webinars, conferences and events.
- Calendar management for senior managers; scheduling meetings, facilitating practical arrangements such as booking meeting rooms; hospitality; checking-in external visitors etc.
- Assist with registers, trackers and purchase orders.
- Network with peers be part of the Administrative community; attend collaboration meetings to discuss process improvements and idea sharing.
- Provide Practice support in the recruitment and Onboarding Processes, ensuring buddy management is in place and effective induction is consistently provided.
- Travel planning, execution, and bookings via our online travel platform.
- Processing expenses using our web-based platform; learning the complexities of the system and offering guidance to other team members.
- Ad-hoc duties, cover and assistance to local teams as required.
- Assisting with Practice Innovation initiatives and SharePoint updates.
- Create and update Practice Performance metrics/Dashboard.
- Maintain practice MS Outlook team distribution lists and Organisation charts.
- Data Analytics/creating reports and dashboards.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs