Business Development and Capture Director - Strategic Weapons and UK Prime
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
With us, you're leading transformation.
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
When it comes to living your life, we want you to get the most out of it. So talk to us about all our flexible and remote working policies that can support your personal priorities. Also, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality, as well as being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.
As a BD and Capture Director in 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T), you’ll lead a strand of the Nuclear Enterprise Transformational program known within Atkins as the Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD), developing new strategic areas of business. You will drive the complete opportunity lifecycle from capture strategy, through ongoing opportunity qualification, value proposition development, and developing new client relationships, leading capture and bidding teams to secure new major, long-term revenue streams.
- Develop and implement a business development and capture (sales) strategy for one or more opportunities/clients within the CASD campaign.
- Forge and develop senior-level relationships with targeted customer stakeholders across all disciplines of an organisation, up to C-suite level.
- Use industry knowledge and MOD understanding to create effective relationships with CASD Tier 1 suppliers to aid the development of the Atkins strategy;
- Support Atkins’ Client Directors in understanding the opportunity horizon of CASD accounts in order to grow their respective business areas;
- Develop a robust understanding of the competitive landscape and competitors offerings in the market
- Develop effective strategies that exploit our position in the market, to create industry leading offerings through partner/teaming and use of the supply chain;
- Direct the Capture Manager regarding opportunity priorities and be accountable for the application of capture strategy;
- Support the CASD Transformational Programme Lead with overall programme strategy and leadership;
- Work with all elements of ADS&T to execute strategy and liaise with the wider Atkins businesses to ensure suitability of solution, offerings and commercial propositions;
- Have the gravitas to present and secure budgets, resources and business buy-in for strategic pursuits from ADS&T senior management;
- Represent Atkins in sector-specific meetings, workshops and industry gatherings as required with customers, partners and key stakeholders such as defence, aerospace, security and technology think tanks, Government departments and trade associations; and
- Support future pursuit teams with customer and sector knowledge insight and expertise.
- Develop excellent communication channels in order build strong networks internally and externally.
- Lead the development of customer profiles, including job needs, pains and gains – translating the customer needs (implied and explicit) through to a successfully established pursuit plan.
- Ensuring adherence to pre-sales governance and risk management procedures.
- Foster collaboration across internal Atkins boundaries / divisions, and external partners where beneficial.
What you can bring
- Previous experience in win-work best practices, including: Blue Sheet, Gold Sheet, SPIN Selling, Value Proposition Canvas, Business Model Canvas development.
- Management of virtual teams, planning and controlling multiple workstreams of activity.
- Experience of developing and evaluating winning commercial solutions – including pricing strategies, commercial risk, supply chain etc.
- An understanding of Atkins and other potential teaming partner/competitor capabilities and value propositions in this market;
- An excellent track record of driving strategic client growth throughout targeted campaigns;
- Multiple years’ experience in developing opportunities in the similarly complex environment or sector and demonstrable experience of delivering against targets;
- Be able to understand Atkins’ place in the CASD industrial and commercial landscape (nuclear and non-nuclear); and
- A deep understanding of one or more of the following areas; submarine development and operating environment, submarine infrastructure requirements including decommissioning, strategic weapons programmes and AWE, the DNO, SDA and Navy support arena, together with their respective lifecycles.
- Collaborative leadership qualities with the ability to mentor others connected to the programme.
- Pro-actively identifies opportunities for account and process improvements; and
- Can make sound decisions in the face of uncertainty but always with the strategic plan in mind.
Why work for Atkins?
Our ADS&T teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From advisory, conceptual design and acquisition, through transformation, manufacture, certification and in-service support. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in the industry.
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Meeting your needs
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward," a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Have a look at what it’s like to work with us in ADS&T
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.