Business Systems Analyst – UK wide role
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Are you a motivated individual, interested in delivering technology-enabled change in a large organisation? Faithful+Gould are growing their Business Systems Team and are recruiting for a Business Systems Analyst.
You will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of the digital transformation taking place in the construction industry. Engaging with talented and industry-leading experts across the business, you will help to define and embed technology that enhances our services.
This role can be based out of any of our UK offices (https://www.fgould.com/uk-europe/contact-us/)
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise to our clients.
We are a small team, collaborating and working from multiple locations across the UK. As part of the wider Business Services team we work with the Business Assurance, Change and Intelligence functions to provide robust infrastructure to support the wider Faithful+Gould organisation.
The Business Systems Analyst will support the Business Systems Lead, primarily in two key areas:
Leveraging technology to support service delivery
- Work closely with stakeholders at all levels in the business to understand business strategy at team, regional and national levels, and help identify solutions leveraging new and existing technology.
- Capture requirements and advise the business on risks and benefits of using technology to build competitive advantage.
- Work with stakeholders to build high level business cases that will feed into the investment or innovation process.
- Manage the service delivery systems portfolio, ensuring that systems are regularly reviewed for fitness-for-purpose and that the business is maximising the benefits available from each system.
- Support the Business Systems Lead in developing and maintaining a consolidated service delivery systems roadmap.
- Act as a point of leadership and liaison between the business and software development capability, both internal and external.
- Oversee the implementation and roll out of new systems.
Managing the interface with the Group IT function (Group IS)
- Act as a point of business escalation for performance issues relating to Group IS services
- Liaise with the business to understand current and future demand for Group IS services and provide timely visibility of such.
- Work with business stakeholders and Group IS to define performance metrics, undertaking reviews and communicating timely stakeholder reviews.
- There may also be the opportunity to provide some consulting to Faithful+Gould clients, advising on their systems requirements, selection and / or implementation.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering technology-enabled change within large organisations.
- An understanding of construction project and programme management and the broader industry.
- Some familiarity with construction-focussed technologies and software.
- An excellent communicator; able to engage effectively with a variety of audiences across business services and levels.
- Good analytical problem-solving skills; able to make decisions and recommendations based on informed analysis and impact assessment.
- Experience of understanding, analyzing and documenting business processes, activities and IT systems ('as is' and 'to be').
- Experience of requirements capture - including production of appropriately structured, validated and prioritised functional specifications and production of User Stories.
- Strong facilitation skills - meetings and workshops.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Experience of working with diverse teams to successfully deliver software development projects.
- Willing to travel across UK offices to engage with staff to deliver the role.
- Be comfortable working independently, managing your workload and priorities to deliver in a timely manner.
- Have a passion for technology and how it can improve the way we live, work and deliver value to clients
- Have, or be prepared to work towards, relevant industry accreditation's (e.g IIBA, APM)
- Able to bring a fresh perspective to the team, be happy to challenge the status quo.
Training and development
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured Continuous Professional Development Programme. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.