This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
We are currently looking for a CAD Engineer to Deliver all drawings and electronic designs to the required technical standards and within the required timescale relating to the Renewal and Improvements schemes portfolios. Thius role will be based at Leatherhead.
Prepare drawings, schedules, and other electronic designs to programme and budget
· Professional and technical competence in CAD and information management.
· Ensure CDM and H&S is applied to all projects
· Ensure drawings are appropriate, are checked and meet the expected levels of technical quality
· To seek innovation in the delivery of CAD and BIM.
Ensure the IMS and CAD manual is actively applied
· Live the Connect Plus Services Values
Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
Knowledge of the use of AutoCAD
· Relevant vocational qualifications (at least City and Guilds / HNC / HND)
· 5 days of appropriate CPD in last 12 months including 3 related to highway engineering.
· Broad knowledge of CDM, IMS and H&S legislation
· Experience of Highways Agency DBFO or MAC procedures
· Broad understanding of Highways Agency design and construction processes
Recent experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
· Membership of an appropriate professional institution
· Appropriate CSCS card registration
· Knowledge of the use of computer design tools (Key Lines, Key Post, Key Accident Key Sign, Cone 10, GIS etc.)
Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and BIM modelling
Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
Able to develop relationships and trust at all levels