TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a CAD Technician as part of our survey crew. Reporting to the Survey Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for all facets of design drafting for our Project.
- Assist survey manager in all aspects of project delivery;
- Conduct quality control checks of design drawings;
- Prepare & design alignment, profiles, sections, corridors using AutoCAD Civil3D
- Prepare sketches for CAD staff;
- Prepare quantity and cost estimates;
- Prepare technical construction specifications; and
- Create CAD drawings from concept to final design
- Processing field data and computer-generated survey information
- Formulating preliminary and detailed designs and drawings for various engineering and planning projects (structures, installations and construction projects such as railways)
- Extensive experience with highway, rail and other civil structures;
- Ensuring plans are in compliance with MTO standards and drafting requirements
- Preparing pre-engineering, topographic plans
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to travel for site inspections and field work.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A college diploma from a Civil Engineering Technician or Technology program or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using Civil 3D in the design and construction of civil engineering works;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Proficient in the use of analytical and design software including AutoCad and Civil 3D;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.