Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Our SanFran team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least 7 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor, we would like to connect with you! The QS provides quantity surveying services as required by each project including contract administration and negotiation, cost forecasting and estimates, procurement, quantity takeoffs, monitors project progress, pricing and benchmarking research and maintains the project documents and files in an organized manner. Analyzes status data and trends as required. Provides support to senior staff as directed. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with our premier client. Based in the bay area with regional travel. This is a full time, internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
• Work with proposal teams in the planning and execution of new business price proposals, cost narratives and pricing strategies.
• Perform and coordinate price proposal reviews before submittal to the client. May assist in job setup, funds tracking and reporting to the client.
• Analyze and monitor subcontractor performance; evaluate service/product offerings and specifications.
• Work with client contract managers and procurement specialists to resolve contractual matters.
• Support project managers with contract budgeting.
• Ensure all documentation is complete and accessible in company repository. This includes the contract and all pertinent sign off documentation and work papers.
• Provide advice on and interpretation of contract requirements.
• Ensure timely processing of technical reports and deliverables.
• Monitor scope creep and scope changes.
• Coordinate with program/project managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
• Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
• Reviews the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff.
• With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
• Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
• With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
• Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
• Attends cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
• With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
• With minimal supervision, carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
• Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
• Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts. Analysis includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
• Participates in the development and improvement of project controls systems. Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
• Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to insure all cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
• Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus seven years relevant experience.
• Designation through Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations.
• Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects is preferred.
• Should have working knowledge of electronic take-off including CAD Measure and working knowledge of a commercially available construction cost estimating system.
• Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills.
• Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status.
• Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and/or schedules.
• Working knowledge of industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, OracleUnifer and ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and cost management applications.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.