Civil 3D CAD Team Leader
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
If you are a Team Leader with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace new challenges, here’s an opportunity to play a key part in the further growth of one of the leading ground engineering groups in the world.
With more than 250 professionals, Atkins’ geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering. We see a bright future as we adapt and strengthen our technical expertise in growth areas, such as Energy, Mass Transit and Major Infrastructure.
The team regularly undertake prestigious and notable work for key clients such as HS2, Network Rail and Highways England. As part of our team you will also be able to contribute to unique opportunities at the forefront of automated design development.
In our Birmingham office we have a great opportunity for a CAD Team Leader to lead our small team of technicians to help deliver our inputs to a range of projects spanning the infrastructure, energy and building design sectors. You’ll need to fully conversant and technically astute in AutoCAD Civil 3D as well having some supervisory experience. As you’ll support the core areas of our business you’ll also be required to liaise with and advise Engineers across the various businesses appropriately.
- This is pivotal role within the business requiring you to demonstrate a proven track record of project delivery and, due to the nature of the role, prior experience of working within a Civil Engineering environment either gained from a fast-paced consultancy firm or from a contractor.
- We are looking for someone with a HNC CAD or a relevant qualification, who is fully conversant in AutoCAD with Civil Engineering related experience including experience and knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Experience of 3D solid and surface modelling and analysis and experience of producing high quality output from CAD systems for use in contract documents and reports in a civil engineering environment.
- As you will be looking after a small team of junior technicians, you will need prior supervisory or management experience as well as the ability and desire to work on a diverse range of projects, including good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, delegate and manage tasks effectively. Your role will involve liaising with senior engineering staff about project objectives and details so you will need good written and verbal communication skills.
- It would be highly desirable if you have knowledge of HoleBase SI Civil 3D add-on or similar software or Microstation. Experience with point cloud data, working with geological information and models or developing and deploying automated routines within a CAD environment as well as appreciation or experience of projects where BIM principles were implemented/used would be highly advantageous. If you are not familiar with the above full training will be provided as part of the role.
- The successful candidate will provide Engineering drawings, which are core to the business and will form part of essential reports, contract documentation, project tenders, etc as well as applying and maintaining CAD standards for Ground Engineering.
- You will also be responsible for mentoring, supervising and training (if appropriate) your team of junior CAD staff and will advise on CAD issues with regards to Ground Engineering project.
- The learning and development experience in our Ground Engineering team is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of position or experience.
- Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles