Civil 3D Specialist
Civil 3D Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC Lavalin has been pushing the boundaries of Digital Engineering and implementing innovative solutions in the delivery of our work across our broad industry portfolio. Due to the increased volume of work we are looking to strengthen our digital offering, both in the development of our capabilities and in providing support and training to our team to support this transition.
We are looking for talented specialists to join our Canadian team who is prepared to ask the question “Is there a better way to do this?” and be proactive in improving workflows and automating tasks.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Support our innovation and design transformation teams in developing our use and deployment on Civil 3D within our digital engineering ecosystem
- Develop optimization solutions to improve our workflows and improve project delivery
- Support the implementation of Civil 3D within a BIM360 or Project Wise deployment
- Support the interconnection of Civil 3D with other tools, such as simulation or Geospatial platforms
- Support our 3D visualization teams
What will you contribute?
- Understanding of Project Lifecycles.
- Ability to coordinate effectively when multiple project priorities are in conflict and provide viable solutions to internal and external customers.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate solutions/benefits of technology and services to our clients.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Maintain experience and understanding of the production design environment.
- Maintain a good working attitude and a desire to be a key member of our dynamic team and make a difference in the infrastructure design industry.
- Good understanding and knowledge of civil design/cad drafting standards.
- Effective communication skills.
Qualification & Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in using Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with Autodesk Infraworks.
- Experience with survey data, especially point clouds.
- LISP and/or Dynamo Experience.
- OACETT Civil Engineering Technologist (CET) Certification or verification of CET prequalification.
- Previous experience working with Autodesk AutoCAD and Civil 3Dand Microstation with respect to Alignments, Profiles, DTMs, Pipe Networks, Sections, View Frames and Sheets.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs