Civil CAD Technician- Land Development
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Civil Engineering Group as a Civil CAD Technician- Land Development.
Under supervision, provides proficiency in computer-assisted drafting & design to support the technical services of the company.
- Performs varied and complex computer-aided drafting and design work.
- Incumbents at this level are able to make design adaptations and produce variations on a design from verbal specifications or concepts.
- Assists with CAD production of plans and drawings, primarily for commercial, industrial and residential land development projects (e.g. geometric, utility and grading plans, roadways, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, etc.), earthwork calculations, quantity takeoffs, exhibits, etc.
- Assists designers and engineers to develop preliminary layout and/or final drawings of parking lots, roadways, sanitary sewer lines, storm drains and waterlines, storm water retention/detention facilities, and mass grading.
- Assist with material quantity estimates, including earthwork takeoffs.
- Participates in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced.
- Coordinates with other disciplines as required.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus six years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus four years related experience is required.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications; good math and CAD skills required.
- Must be able to work with Civil 3D in an efficient and productive manner.
- Must be able to take direction from project manager and engineering design staff.
- Must be able to coordinate well with others.
- Must have ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment.
- Must have ability to provide CAD drafting on design packages for submittal to various municipalities and agencies having jurisdiction for review.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Must have ability to visit project sites, if necessary.
- Must have ability to assemble and analyze data.
- General Competencies expected are: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles