SNC-Lavalin’s Roads, Transportation and Infrastructure team provides multidisciplinary design and project management services to a diverse portfolio of private and public sector clients in British Columbia and across Canada. In response to increasing project demands, we are seeking a qualified Civil Engineer to join the SNC-Lavalin team in its Burnaby office. The ideal candidate will have a broad base of civil engineering design experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects varying in size and complexity.
Why Join Us?
This position is based out of our office in Burnaby, BC and reports to the Manager, Roads & Highways. This is your opportunity to develop your skills and take on more progressive responsibility under the mentorship of senior staff. SNC-Lavalin offers flexible working hours and the added benefit of working remotely to enhance and support a healthy work-life balance.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will be an industry professional that will have a broad base of civil engineering and road and highway design experience. You will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, primarily in British Columbia and across Canada. If you have the long-term drive, ambition and a desire to progress within our organization, you will be successful in this role at SNC.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop and deliver engineering designs for highway, municipal roadway and active transportation connection projects.
- Manage and/or support teams in the design and delivery of transportation infrastructure projects varying in size and complexity.
- Coordinate with project managers to establish contract scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams in a leading or supporting role.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, quality and agency requirements, specifications and standards are achieved.
- Provide engineering support during construction, including site visits, review of field inspection reports, responding to site queries and managing changes.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and technical guidance to junior engineers and technicians to ensure the technical adequacy of all work.
- Lead, oversee and/or support the preparation of fee estimates and project proposals.
- Attend meetings with clients and stakeholders to present work product.
What will you contribute?
- As a key member of the team you will bring 7+ years of experience in computerized design and drafting of highways and municipal infrastructure.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Proficient in CAD, Civil 3D, and related software.
- An understanding of various AutoDesk/Bentley software’s are considered an asset.
- Experience in BC MoTI and BC MMCD projects.
- Working knowledge of application of TAC, BC MoTI and AASHTO design standards.
- Experience in Large P3 and design-build transportation projects.
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in an agile office environment and remotely as needed (equipment will be provided).
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple and multidisciplinary projects and project teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive problem solving and collaborative approach.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. French language skills considered an asset.
- Experience with preparation of clear and comprehensive reports, technical notes and client or public presentations.
- Experience working on site during construction considered an asset.
- Development and management of project scope, schedule and budget.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boots, vest, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs