This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Roads, Bridges and Ports team provides multidisciplinary design and project management services to a diverse portfolio of private and public sector clients in British Columbia and across Canada. In response to increasing project demands, we are seeking a qualified Civil Engineer to join the SNC-Lavalin team in its growing Victoria office. The ideal candidate will have a broad base of civil engineering design experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects varying in size and complexity.
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Victoria, British Columbia. Victoria is renowned as Canada’s premier lifestyle destination. With its mild climate and access to the ocean and mountains immediately out your front door, Victoria is the ideal choice for a living a balanced lifestyle. SNC-Lavalin offers flexible working hours and the added benefit of working remotely to enhance and support a healthy work-life balance.
The position will report to the Director of Project Development and Delivery and be responsible for working alongside technical leads and project managers in Victoria and Vancouver. The ideal candidate will have a broad base of civil engineering design experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and brings the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Leading and designing a diverse range of civil projects including those which are part of a multidisciplinary assignment.
- Developing cost estimates based on quantities take offs and unit prices.
- Leading and/or overseeing the preparation of fee estimates and project proposals.
- Encouraging use of new technology and software.
- Preparing and presenting work product to clients.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams in a leading or supporting role.
- Engaging in business development and client liaison activities.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, and technical guidance to junior engineers and technicians to ensure the technical adequacy of all work.
- Developing and maintaining and good working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients.
What will you contribute?
- 8-10 years of civil engineering design experience with consultant or owner, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Canada.
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Proficient with office productivity, project accounting and personnel management software applications.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple and multidisciplinary projects and project teams.
- Proficient with CAD and Civil 3D software and related standards. Experience with Microstation is an asset.
- Experience in BC Ministry of Transportation and BC MMCD standards is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of application of TAC, BCMOTI, and AASHTO design standards is mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive problem solving and collaborative approach.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. French language skills considered an asset.
- Experience with preparation of clear and comprehensive reports, technical notes and client or public presentations.
- Experience working on site during construction considered an asset.
- Development and management of project scope, schedule and budget.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short-term assignments within Canada.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment with a focus on work-life balance, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com