Civil / Environmental Engineer (Full-Time Contract)
SNC-Lavalin Inc. is a global engineering and construction firm with offices across Canada, in over 35 other countries around the world and currently working in approximately 100 countries. We are recruiting the best and the brightest: people who are truly passionate about what they do. This is your chance to showcase your talents and skills by joining our project teams worldwide. Open the door to a world of opportunities: www.snclavalin.com.
SNC-Lavalin’s Environment & Geoscience group offers consulting services in the following areas: Geotechnical, Geo-environmental, Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous pension savings program, an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
Why join us?
This position can be based in one of our offices located in the BC Interior (Nelson, Cranbrook, Trail or Kelowna) and reports to the Senior Project Manager. You will be responsible for working alongside other discipline managers, technical leads and project managers and be responsible for coordinating the operations of the Environmental and Geosciences group within the team. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, and has the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordination/management of engineering/science disciplines in the development of reports, designs, work plans, specifications, cost estimates and in project execution
- Apply a working level of understanding to hydrogeological, hydrologic, environmental and/or geoengineering projects to assist in the coordination and development of technical specifications and tender documents and permit applications and projects
- Applying experience and knowledge to manage Contractors and projects as prime contractor or owner’s representative
- Coordinating engineers, scientists, contractors to identify solutions to client challenges
- Field inspection of contractor works and reporting to Engineer of Record
- Health and Safety coordination of internal and contractor teams
- Coordination of permitting requirements from regulatory authorities (e.g., Ministry
Environment and Climate Change Strategy, Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, etc.)
- Preparation of documents and reports related to project planning and execution
- Ensure proper implementation of and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies/procedures
- Prepare capital cost estimates, tenders, contracts and/or technical specifications for construction of engineered works; as well as administer contracts and track overall project costs during construction.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Engineering (Civil or Environmental, other disciplines will also be considered) with a P.Eng. designation (Master’s degree in Engineering is preferred)
- 5+ years relevant industry experience, since graduation
- Registration with Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of BC (APEGBC)
- Experience in mining industry is considered an asset
- Construction management, inspection and contract administration
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with coworkers, contractors, and clients
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven organizational, teambuilding, technical, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Valid Class 5 Canadian driver’s licence with a clean drivers’ abstract
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com