TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Civil Superintendent. The incumbent will be responsible for the supervision of the civil construction on the project. He or she is will be responsible to supervise crews and subcontractors and coordinate the work with the other trades on the project. The Civil Construction Superintendent will report to the General Superintendent and work with the Civil Field Engineer to ensure that the work complies with the safety policies, budget and schedule.
- Develop construction work methods for drainage, roadworks, MSE walls, wetland rehabilitation, utilities relocations, etc.
- Direct all field personnel and subcontractors to achieve completion of projects on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications
- Review and understand project drawings and identify potential changes required
- Promote and enforce safety and environmental SNC-Lavalin policies and procedures
- Supervise and mentor construction crews
- Coordinate material deliveries
- Order and maintain in good order all tools
- Communicate with clients, subcontractors, architects, stakeholders, engineers and project delivery team
- Coordinate survey crews and technical team with the construction schedule
- Plan equipment rental or purchase
- Prepare 3-week schedule and integrate with the overall project schedule with the project team
- Coordinate the sequence of work with the other trades on the project like bridge construction and trackwork construction
- Keep logs of site activity and report issues in a timely manner to the Construction Manager
- Ensure that the quality standards are met and generate NCRs and deficiency lists as required
- Maintain proper site tidiness, access, fencing and signage
- 10 years in a supervisory role on a multi-disciplinary construction project
- Experience on a linear project is an asset
- Demonstrate knowledge in standard civil construction methodologies
- Effectiveness in Microsoft Office and other applications used on the project
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles