Clean Water Modeller - Belfast
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Clean Water Modeller – Belfast
Atkins is one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in the UK, one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world.Our Networks and Drainage team is one of the largest in the UK with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
We are currently looking for an ambitious Clean Water Engineer / Modeller with experience gained in the Water sector to join our dynamic Water Infrastructure team in Belfast.The successful candidate will help us to deliver a suite of successful projects to our UK clients whilst managing junior members of our UK and overseas based teams.
RequirementsThe candidate should be a highly motivated, competent and analytical person with significant experience in clean water network modelling, design and analysis.
An excellent team player that works well on own initiative and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions.
- Clean water modelling and distribution networks
- Building and calibrating network models
- Using network models for planning, operational and design purposes
- Management of Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- Report writing and delivering outputs.
- Experience with SYNERGI, INFOWORKS WS, EPANET, Infowater and other modelling software.
- Running modelling and supporting design projects as part of a team including other Atkins employees and client staff
- Being part of project teams out of the Belfast office and other UK offices
- Interacting and providing guidance to our overseas based teams
- Investigation and resolution of network issues.
- Building and maintaining hydraulic models
- Delivery of technical reports and hydraulic studies
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the water industry
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritize when necessary.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments when required.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Full clean UK driving license
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles