Client Development Team - Bid Assistant
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group in UK & Europe is an international company with a strong culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
As a Bid Assistant you will provide an instrumental role in supporting Faithful+Gould to create project-specific bids across a variety of industry sectors, in order to win work for the business. As part of the Client Development team, you will directly assist the Bid Manager with day to day bidding activities as well as managing your own tasks/projects. You will work closely within a number of industry sectors working cross functionally across teams, leads and key stakeholders within the business to ensure that bid responses are produced to the highest quality and submitted in line with agreed timelines.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Key point of contact within the South West region for Bid requests/information
- Provide assistance with client research in relation to tenders to identify relevant opportunities
- Develop relationships with other regional teams to share relevant information for bidding
- Complete and co-ordinate Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs) / Requests For Information (RFI) responses and presentations by drawing upon boilerplate information taken from the Bid Content Library, or within past bids ensuring compliance with client requirements
- Maintaining opportunity information within the CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics), including assisting with collating information for Bid Reporting
- Registering and maintaining accounts for online tender portals, highlighting any relevant new opportunities
- Ensure compliance and consistency of brand across all bid documents and collateral aligned with our bid submissions
- Owning and maintaining the Bid Content Library, including creating standard content/responses and ensuring that information is uploaded to the ‘Bid in a Box’ system and is up-to-date
- Assisting with the maintenance of the case study / project profile library / client references and testimonials
- Overseeing the central tender mailbox – ensuring all requests are dealt with appropriately.
- Communicating with clients to request tender documents/files (where required)
- Creating and / or editing bespoke bid graphics Document control, proof-reading and formatting of bid/tender responses
- Confident, motivated and proactive individual capable of using initiative to get the job done
- Excellent written English
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and preferably InDesign (training will be provided)
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to interact with people at all levels, over the phone as well as face to face
- Ability to multi-task as well as managing and prioritising critical tasks / deadlines
- Excellent team working skills
- Prior bid experience is not necessarily required; we are looking for someone with the desire to learn and develop in this role
- Ideal but not required, degree in a relevant discipline
- A Levels or GNVQ equivalent
- Interest / experience in writing
- Background in a business development / bidding / administration / marketing role
- Experience with CRM systems (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience with InDesign
Rewards and benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.