Commercial Manager- Residential
Commercial Manager- Residential
Commercial Manager – Residential
- Carry out the day-to-day Commercial management of an ongoing residential mixed use development.
- Co-ordinate the commercial appointments for services being provided by all parties involved in the development’s delivery.
- Manage the accounts of sub-consultants to the project against their sub-contracts including variation management.
- Setting up the commercial administration, monitoring and change control system requirements, as required by the Contract.
- Comply with the commercial requirements of the Project Execution Plan and Project Quality Plan and monitor delivery of our services to these documents and requirements.
- Maintain a daily relevant event incident log.
- Maintain the Project Commercial Risk Register and review on a minimum monthly basis or more often as necessary.
- Review change impact proposals including resource schedule, cost and programme to establish robust applications for variation orders and extensions of time as applicable.
- Review spend and programme and challenge design participants to deliver accurate cost to complete estimates on a monthly basis.
- Monthly reporting on subcontract account status.
- Monthly reporting on variations and potential variations status and progress.
- Overall responsibility for the commercial performance of the project team.
- Report to the Project Director and on the earned value progress, costs to complete and quality of change control and justifications of valid delays being provided by the design teams.
- Monitoring all commercial indicators at all stages, to ensure that accurate and professional cost to complete computations against clear work scopes are delivered by the Project teams.
- Professional interface and liaison with design team and clients’ representative.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of commercial inputs to the Project Manager.
- Monitor and report to the Project Director the design and PM’s team’s adherence to the commercial procedures described in the Project Execution Plan.
- Create a positive and proactive approach to commercial process.
- Administration of all contracts and subcontracts.
- Conduct commercial team meetings, commercial briefings to Project and senior Regional management staff.
- Deliver agreed commercial actions.
- Establish and maintain regular invoicing in accordance with the contract, paying strict attention to cashflow.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or relevant commercial and or cost management discipline.
- Commercially astute with extensive experience in a residential developer / contractor environment
- Member of a recognised professional institution.
- Minimum of 12 years of post graduate professional experience of which 10 in a similar position within the consultancy/construction industry.
- Senior level commercial experience on at least one major property design and construct project.
- Proven background and experience in management of commercial change control, consultant claims and justification of extensions of time.
- Computer literate in the essential M’Soft software, ie Word, Excel and relevant presentation programmes.
- Administrative skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Relevant similar experience within the Middle East.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary.
- Accommodation allowance.
- Transportation allowance.
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs