Communications Senior Advisor
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Safety – Integrity – Collaboration – Innovation
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Vice-President, Communications, SNC-Lavalin are looking for an experienced and proactive Communications Senior Advisor to join our Asia Pacific team.
Based in Brisbane, the Senior Advisor will contribute to building and executing an integrated Communications strategy to support business objectives in Australia in addition to the wider Asia Pacific region, and as part of a broader regional communications team. This will require partnering with the leadership teams to develop a sound understanding of the business sectors in Australia and their growth drivers.
The role requires experience in storytelling through digital, media and public relations means, as well as supporting businesses through change and evolution. Strong writing skills and experience with media, web, social media are key, as well as an understanding of developing content for digital channels. In addition, the role will support crisis communications.
- Support the business objectives through effective internal & external communication strategies and tactics
- Provide marketing communications support to the BD and Operations team, developing effective messaging, positioning and collateral to support win work activities
- Develop storytelling and thought leadership content that align with business objectives
- Seeks out, drafts, edits and uploads content for the web and social media
- Draft press releases and other external announcements
- Support employee engagement efforts by helping to foster a common sense of belonging as well as effectively communicating the business strategies
- Offer brand management and administrative support, managing the approval process and approach according to the corporate policy, and liaising with internal stakeholders
- Monitor the media and feeds content to the broader team, as well as main point of contact for Australia media.
- Provide ongoing communication updates to the region on project achievements
- Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders, including suppliers (design & print), event management companies, partners and colleagues to deliver events successfully
- Work in a collaborative team environment, ensuring transparent communication of all activities and goals
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in-house or agency equivalent
- A proven track record in supporting the execution of internal and external communication strategies and working within teams
- The successful candidate will have extensive technical knowledge in B2B public relations and B2B or B2C digital communications.
- Experience in the engineering and construction industry within either Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure or Power sectors would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and take on new projects quickly, strong organisational skills
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive initiative-taker who works well with agreed guidelines and little supervision.
- Adaptive and agile
About the Benefits
This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to be part of a growing team that will serve the Asia Pacific region, and support the business’s growth with an exciting, global network of communication professionals working together for large multi-national energetic company involved in a paradigm shift to a lean, agile, customer-focused organisation.
Our Latest Articles