Computer Aided Applications Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Candu Energy Inc. is a leading full-service nuclear technology company providing nuclear power reactors and nuclear products and services to customers worldwide. Our 1,400 highly skilled employees design and deliver state-of-the-art CANDU® reactors, carry out life extension projects, provide plant life management programs and tools, and offer operation and maintenance services for existing nuclear power stations.
The Plant Design Tools IT Liaison supports 2D /3D CAD Tools interoperability with regards to the IT network, Desktop, TRAK, myTrak, lntEC, CMMS, Teamcenter, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, SmartPlant, Plant 3D, MicroStation and AutoCAD.
System level activities required to support the following SmartPlant products: P&ID, 3D, Markup and Foundation. This includes items such as:
- Monitoring application backup, scheduled tasks, batch services, Internal Development and managing user access
- Participate in software certification, UAT testing RFC and delivery processes, ensure issues are communicated to developers and software vendors as needed.
- Provide user support for: Imagination, Intergraph, IPLOT, AutoCAD, Microstation, Teamcenter, Smart Plant Mark-up Solid Edge viewer, Plant 3D, AutoDesk Recap, Aveva LFM.
- Support and maintain the TRAK Print Without View plot server including the creation and maintenance of plot queues and plotter testing, provide users with permissions to printers/ plotters.
- Maintain AutoCad/ Microstation borders - security identifiers.
- Resolve software installation issues.
- Support and maintain the Plant and Design Toolsl SharePoint site.
- Liaise with external vendors including IT developers to investigate unusual problems with software releases/ hardware issues, or to receive assistance with hardware and peripheral malfunctions.
- Resolve MyTRAK/CADD problems related to: (missing/ frozen workflow issues, missing signatures, PDF conversion issues, missing stamps, wrong format e,g, AutoCAD saved to wrong version).
- Create deployment scripts for SNC Nuclear applications, installation and maintenance of software licenses.
- Train users as needed in supported software use, e.g. creates raster's, converts files to different image formats.
- Support and maintain the Engineering Tools development and certification servers.
- Maintain a database and graphical representation of software and hardware configuration.
- Work directly with other areas of IT (e.g. Data Centre, infrastructure services etc.) to investigate, escalate requests and/or to seek advice on technical support issues regarding Applications Development, Data Centre and Infrastructure Services
- Liaise with Developers and Chief Designer to define and implement enhancements.
- Monitor disk space and system resources and communicating issues to Engineering Tools.
- College Diploma specialized in IT technology and software programming from an accredited institution with a minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable with the Intel hardware platform and Windows Operating system.
- Capable of supporting the Engineering applications for which the branch is responsible.
- Ability to investigate, assess and resolve issues associated with hardware and software problems.
- Good verbal, written, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff, project management team, and internal clients.
- Demonstrate initiative and results-oriented performance.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.