Construction Lead Estimator / Cost Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Construction Lead Estimator / Cost Manager
Our Denver Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global corporation, and have at least seven years’ estimating and cost management experience in construction, we would like to connect with you. This role requires the preparation and/or the management of cost estimate preparation for various estimate disciplines utilizing offsite support teams. The role requires reconciliation with Contractor’s estimates and tracking/ reporting variances and risks against the Client’s budget. The role will evolve from Design and Bid Stage cost management through to postBid Change Management and Cost Reporting.
Prepares cost estimates, completes pricing and cost benchmarking validations, and provides specialty cost intelligence deliverables. Utilizes industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of local market and project conditions. This is a full time internal Faithful+Gould position (not contract) with robust benefits. We seek the individual who has long term career goals and would like to grow professionally. The role is based at our client site in Denver, CO and relocation assistance may be offered for the exceptional candidate.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA
• Analyzes blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates.
• Leads the development of schematic cost model estimates utilizing historic benchmarking information and industry experience to develop detailed cost estimate forecasting.
• Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
• Reviews inputted estimate takeoff information using industry standard onscreen software for specific disciplines to provide checks to assess accuracy.
• Reviews and finalizes estimate unit cost pricing to reflect current market conditions and specific project logistics.
• Reviews historic benchmark cost information and highlights variances.
• Works with architects, engineers, project managers and contractors to develop a clear understanding of project and package scope during preparation of estimates.
• Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and other project team members.
• Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates, and can explain variance cost drivers.
• Undertakes comprehensive reviews of Contractor’s estimate submissions, change requests and bids including pricing clarifications, assumptions, terms and conditions.
• Provides comparisons of Contractor’s pricing to benchmarked historical data and market pricing.
• Airport experience desirable but not essential.
• Contracting experience desirable but not essential.
• Must have major construction project delivery experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or a related field.
• At least seven years’ relevant experience.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Skills using industry standard Onscreen Take-off Software is desirable but not essential
• Must have knowledge of typical estimating program functionality, using industry standard cost formats (Uniformat/ CSI etc.) and related WBS.
• Knowledge of local construction market in area of operation including pricing conventions and trends is desirable.
• Ability to manage and develop Schematic and Detailed cost model estimates.
• Ability to work within a team but also to manage own work load and close out tasks.
• Must have a proactive approach to problem solving and to meeting project or client deadlines
• Commercially astute and knowledgeable in Construction Contracts and the content of typical contract documentation is desirable.
• Must have Change Management and Control experience.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.